Theo Raeken - "You can't banish me! This is my bed too!"

You didn't like the absolute silence when you opened the front door. When you had left, less than an hour ago, the children had been screaming and Theo had been screaming back. You knew that you shouldn't have run away from the chaos, but you just had to. You had had a headache, you had been tired and most of all you had been wondering why the hell you had signed Theo and yourself up for this stupid experiment.

"Help! Someone? Anyone?" Theo's voice echoed through the hallway and you took a deep breath while you walked towards the living room where the sound was coming from. Theo had been the one telling you again and again that he would be an amazing father, that he promised you that starting a family with him was not a risk.

You had been the one doubting him. And slowly you started to think that not so surprisingly you had been right. "Theo?" You stood still abruptly and you bit your lip to prevent yourself from laughing out loud.

Theo sat on one of the wooden chairs. His feet were tied to the chair legs and his hands were tied behind his back. To make it even worse they had used about ten metres of rope to make sure he wouldn't be able to free himself. "Don't laugh! The kids, they ambushed me!" He didn't seem to share your amusement, instead he had angry flames in his eyes and tensed all his muscles. "And can you stop staring at me and free me instead?"

"Of course, of course, sorry." You hurried towards him and as quickly as you could you untied the ropes that were holding him back. "So, where are they?" You straightened your back and crossed your arms over your chest while Theo checked the wounds on his wrists and ankles.

"Brian is upstairs. He said he was tired of playing cowboy and wanted to play video games instead." Theo rolled his eyes and he curled his fingers up while he tried to hide his fists behind his back. "I have no idea where Lena is." He raised his eyebrows and slightly uninterested he licked his lips. "I guess I lost our baby." He shrugged his shoulders.

You looked up when you heard a small high pitched giggle and shook your head while you walked towards the couch. "You didn't lose her, Theo." You kneeled down on the seat and one second later you grabbed Lena's shirt to force her to stand up. "She's hiding behind the sofa." You smiled a little smile and noticed how Lena had little lights of joy dancing in her eyes. "Do you still think you'd be an amazing father?" You blinked a few times and Theo took a deep breath.

"Yes, but I don't want kids anymore." He shook his head firmly and made sure to lock his glane with Lena's. "I want a pet. Pets don't tie me to chairs."

"They do hide behind the sofa!" Lena raised her voice and nodded while you shot her a warning look. "It's true! Our cat always hides behind the sofa and then he jumps up when you have forgotten he's there and then you almost get a heart attack!"

"I know, Lena, you're absolutely right. Why don't you go ask your brother if he wants something to drink?" You watched how the girl left the living room and heard how she climbed the stairs way faster that she should do. "I guess it's a good thing they'll be going home again tomorrow, don't you think?"

Theo nodded, the red lines of the rope still visible on his hands.

"But, for letting this whole thing get this far, you'll sleep on the couch for the upcoming weeks!" You raised your voice and wanted to walk past Theo to get the kids their promised drinks.

"What? You can't banish me! This is my bed too!" He grabbed your shoulder and forced you to stand still. "How could I know that those kids would be such monsters?"

You raised your eyebrows. "If you think these kids are monsters already, I'm glad you've changed your mind about having your own."