I held my breath and waited in the black, my eyes wide and my heart racing.  Before long, I heard Jaeson open the truck and step out.  My eyes widened further and followed the sound of his door slam and footsteps.  Jaeson's footsteps were heavy and when he was next to the truck's left back wheel, he stopped and began to take the cover off.  

My breathing was ragged and I started to look around for a possible weapon or exit.  Jaeson moved from corner to corner, taking the cover off and exposing myself to him.  His dark hair had grown longer from when I last saw him.  Before he was a sweet, nerdy boy with his hair flipped up in the front.  From the months in the asylum, his hair had grown down to his eyes and had become greasy from months of isolation.  He had developed wrinkles by his eyes and in the corner of his mouth, implying he had grown colder.  

Jaeson threw the cover on the ground and then leaned over the side of the truck to stare at me.  His cold eyes and my terrified eyes met and locked.  I knew that if I had let my gaurd down for one second, Jaeson would attack and probably kill me this time.  Every second I stared back at him, I felt my rage grow stronger.  Jaeson had tried to ruin my life and now he was here to finish it.  At this point, I felt the will to survive return to my body.  The same will to survive that I felt when he had left me in the field.  

Jaeson finally broke our stare and walked to the end of the bed.  He unhooked the end, propped himself up and sat on the tail gate next to me.  He looked at me again and leaned over to me.  He took his right hand and gently ran his index finger down the side of my face.  I started to pant hard and tried kicking him.  How dare he touch me?

Jaeson pulled his hand away and grabbed my ankles.  He whipped his head around, looking for something to tie my ankles up with.  He ended up taking his cloth belt and tying my ankles up.  I watched him wrap the belt around my right ankle first.  Out of no where, I got the courage to kick him across the face with my free foot.  

Jaeson's face met my foot with a loud slap and his face slammed against the rim of the truck bed.  Jaeson let out a yell of pain.

"Bitch!" he yelled.  He then retaliated by grabbing my feet and yanking me off the bed.  I hit my head on the tail gate before my whole body slammed against the ground.  I grunted through my gag as I felt my ribs break a little more.  I looked up at him, not losing sight of him.  Jaeson stood up and touched his face again.  He pulled his hand away and looked at the blood on his hand.  The impact of the truck edge left his left cheek gashed open and bleeding.  He smiled at the blood and wiped it on his jeans before walking over to me.  I tried to crawl away, but he grabbed my leg and held me down.  

"Why would you try to run from me?  We need to talk this out," he said gently.  As I stared into him, I thought of the last time he spoke to me like this.  During the movie theater of the night everything went down.  

Jaeson wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close.  I smiled at his warm embrace and snuggled into his shoulder and laid my head on his chest.  Through his thin, black tee shirt, I heard his heart beat.  Calmly, it thumped within his skin.  The heat emitting from his body kept me warm in the theater and his gentleman-like embrace comforted me.  I finally had my Jaeson back.  No sudden outbursts of rage, no calling me nasty names.  Just my sweet boy holding me like he used to.  

I looked up at Jaeson and stared at him for a while.  His dark hair was short and spiked in the front.  His freckles shone slightly in the light of the screen and in his dark eyes, the reflection of the movie glistened.  I stared into those eyes and wondered how they could become so cold so quickly.  His eyes used to be so warm and kind, but once the monster became a new part of his life, a new Jaeson took over.  It was like Jekyll and Hyde, Hyde would only come out with the potion.  After so long, Hyde's strength increased and he would come out on his own, without the potion.