Mistakes

"I guess all those training training sessions with Shen Min payed off."

Aurora chuckled, "Don't tease her, brother."

Amongst the arguing and fighting, Clara could help but feel a little unsettled at how realistic the hollow had pulled off her siblings. She was pushed up against the wall in the hallway, the wood moaned against the pressure of her body. She fought against his grip but it only tightened. Thankfully, Klaus came into play by stabbing him in his side. Once he did so she turned on his and gripped his neck, and siphoned away.

"Clara?"

She tilted her head, then glanced at her siblings. Aurora smiled. "Finish it."

"I can't kill you Nicklaus,"

Klaus saw a bloodlust in her eyes. Something he never saw. The hollow rooted deep in her mind. "C-"

She grabbed his head and twisted letting his neck snap. "But I can keep you dead for a little while. Marcel, I'm going to need your venom." What are you doing, Clara? The voice in her head sounded like Elijah. But still she questioned herself, what was she doing?

Catches her by surprise, Marcel hit her in the face. He grabbed her neck and forced her to look him in the eyes, the strangely fearful eyes. "You wouldn't really kill him." He glanced at his sire, then back at her. "I wouldn't even kill him."

"It's just a trick." Aurora assured. "A mind game. He wants to kill you both."

"What about me, Marcellous? What do you want to do to me?"

Marcel sighed, then released his grip, and stepped back. "Well, I don't want to kill you."

Clara grunted and pushed herself off the wall and tackled him through the hallway wall. He tried yelling her for to stop but she couldn't. Why was she listening to the voices around her. Marcel couldn't possibly want to harm her. He slung his fist at her but she blocked him then pushed her hand into his chest. "Fight me!"

"Damn it, Clara, I didn't come to fight. Alright?" Marcel could easily disable her but he didn't.

And that is what bothered her. "Klaus. My family won't be safe unless you're put down!"

Marcel attacks her and they struggle against each other. "I should've killed Klaus when I had the chance."

"Your mistake." Clara tried to escape his grip. He had his hands are around her neck and a stake is at her heart. The hollow, her siblings, are screaming at her to fight but she can't. He's too powerful.

"I won't let you hurt Hope, or Klaus."

The stake pierced her skin enough to cause her to flinch. Then, he pulls himself away. "I'm not this thing's puppet and neither are you. All right, we cannot give it what it wants."

"If you don't kill him now, I will control them both and find a way to hurt you. You weak little thing."

"I-"

Suddenly Elijah sped in. Like a light in her tunnel of darkness he saved her from years of regret. Or death. He took ahold of Marcel, making him drop the stake pointed at Clara's heart. The same sentence was playing in repeat in her mind. What have you done?what have I done? She slipped to the ground, tears threatening to spill down her cheeks.

Klaus woke up and looked from her, to Marcel. He dropped the dagger and broke Marcel's neck. In one quick movement, Klaus had him over his shoulder and Elijah was now holding Clara up, supporting her.

-

It's been a whole hour. The visions of her siblings were gone. Clara should have felt good, great even. But, instead, she was left with a giant hole in her chest. She was drowning in whisky, fully knowing there wasn't enough to fill the void. Could Lucien fill it? Where was he?