Family

Clara and Lucien arrived at Marcel's apartment, uninvited. Marcel felt particularly irked with her crashing his event but kept his million dollar smile on all the same. When she showed up at the door with Lucien disguised, unbeknownst to him, he smiled tightly.

"Mm. Fancy party, Marcellous. It seems a bit dead though. I shall liven it up a bit, yea?" She suggest, standing at the door and smiling sweetly at the king of New Orleans. She wore a very complimenting skin tight silver dress. Lucien couldn't keep his eyes off of her; he kept his hands wrapped protectively around her waist.

Marcel inwardly sighed at her, but felt himself liking her attitude. "Huh. That's funny, I don't remember inviting you," He eyed Lucien, "Or your little friend."

Lucien glared slightly, offended but Clara quickly cut in, then pinched his hand as a signal to calm down.His temper was so short. "He's my plus one: Gabriel."

Marcel shook hands with him and nodded. "Nice to meet you." He was apprehensive about the man that stood in front of him but decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.

"The pleasures all mine, mate." It was clear to Clara that Lucien was quite angry with how his apartment was being treated. She supposed it wasn't the right style. He always cared about things that didn't matter.

"Wait," Marcel narrowed his eyes at Lucien, "Do I know you? You seem familiar."

Clara held her breath for a moment and smiled. "He's one of my new toys. You've never met him."

"Let's get a drink, love."

She touched his arm, "I'll meet you over there. I need to talk to Marcel." Once he left she turned to face him with a serious expression.

"I thought your one true love was Lucien."

"Lucien's dead." She stated flatly.

"Huh." He nodded, grabbing a drink from a passing tray, "You just don't seem like the kind of girl to move on like that."

"What are you implying, Marcel? What I have with him isn't serious-"

"Cut the shit." He cut her off, with a darker expression than before and suddenly she felt scared. "You're up to something."

Clara kept silent for a while and let the tension pass. She sipped her wine and coughed. "So, assume this little soirée is for your surprise guest."

That made him laugh. "Why would I need a surprise guest when you're here?"

"Oh, Marcel. A party, for me? You really shouldn't have." She grinned brightly, then playfully pushed him and to her surprise he laughed with her.

It was as if he suddenly he didn't dislike her. The mood changed so suddenly it caught her by surprising leaving her stunned.

"What?"

"Have you suddenly grown a heart?"

"I never hated you." He said. "I was angry. But I'm not Klaus, I'm not gonna hold a grudge." He explained, "But about that Gabriel dude.... I always know what's happening in my city."

Clara paused and thought a minute. "Of course. But, you do know I'm your elder, right? You're technically my nephew." He just groaned in response and hurriedly walked away. She found Lucien at the bar, with a glass of scotch in his hand. "Hello, my love."

Lucien took a swig of his drink and glared over at Marcel, across the room. He understood how men were with her but she was his. "What's up with the two of you?"

"Are you kidding, Lucien? I swear you bring someone back from the dead and they still aren't thankful."

"That's not what I meant. I appreciate everything you've done. But, you've always been popular with men and I don't trust their intentions."