Darkness

"If you think for one second that I'll trust that mongrel-"

"Who are you even calling a mongrel, Nik?"

"Will both of you please-"

"Don't even try, love, he's nothing but a blind, arrogant-"

"STOP!"

The sun had nearly risen and the two idiotic men were still fighting. Clara had to put a spell on Hope's room just to prevent them from waking her. And, of course, the rest of the Mikaelson clan came in to judge her further. Hayley crossed her arms and stood beside Elijah, who seemed amused with all this and it made Clara angry to see him. Rebekah seemed worried with it all and shot Clara an apologetic smile, while Kol frowned.

"What the bloody hell is he doing here?" Kol asked, angrily. Everyone kept silent for a moment which only caused his anger to rise. "Ah, so everyone knew he was back but me?"

Clara reached out for him. "Kol, I meant to tell you. It's just I never-"

"Got the chance? Save your excuse." He pointed to Lucien, "He shouldn't even be here."

Klaus smiled. "Thank you, Kol. I was just telling our little Clara that her betrayal is no surprise."

"Easy, Klaus." Hayley piped up, "She didn't betray us. She was the one who helped us get you."

"Please, Nik." Rebekah pleaded. "Leave her be."

"Of course the women take your side. How fitting. Tell me, Hayley, did you know about her little rendezvous with Elijah while you weren't looking? I'm sure Lucien is just as surprised."

Hayley's brow furrow at the two culprits causing Klaus to grin an exceptional grin. "I figured as much."

Lucien's heartbroken face lasted two seconds before he glared back at his sire. "Clara brought me back from the dead. If that isn't her proving herself, I'm not sure what is."

"She was probably just afraid of change. That runs in the family actually."

Clara glared, hurt by his words and held her finger to his chest. "Say what you want about me, but do not speak of my beloved Aurora. Act a fool, Niklaus, I do not care. But, just know that I will never hurt you. You are my blood. Come on, Lucien. We will stay the room Klaus chose for himself." She grabbed Lucien's arm and together they disappeared from sight.

Klaus was left standing aghast; His lips partially open, regretting how he spoke to his cousin. She, being the wildfire that she was, had once again one-uped him. She became the bigger man and made him pay for what he had said. How he'd hurt her. Around him Elijah looked furiously with his younger brother; Hayley looked torn; Rebekah seemed angry with Klaus; Kol was just furious with the world, and Freya looked indifferent. Inside, though, she felt a bit of annoyance with the petty arguments everyone had.

I should apologize, Klaus thought to himself. He glanced out the window; the morning sun was just coming up over the horizon. Hope would be awake soon. He wished to enjoy his daughter together with Clara. It was time to apologize.

"Well, Nik?"

"Hm? What?"

Rebekah crossed her arms over her chest. "Are you going to apologize or not?"

Right

Up in the bedroom that smelled too much like Klaus for Lucien's taste, Clara held herself and stood at the window. She, too, noticed the sun rising. With the sun rising, it meant the Mikaelsons needed to devise a plan on how they would go about the rest of their lives. Leave? Stay? How would Hope adjust to life on the run? She'd spent so much time here. Knowing Mary, she would probably want Hope to stay close, which would cause even more strife.