Chapter One

Akame laid on the grass and flowers, she shook in agony due to the poison in her system. Her blood red, faded scars covering her whole body. Akame still had her black schoolgirl dress with her long hair and ruby red eyes.

She was too weak to carry on, the poison was killing her. Akame knew that she's near the end, near her end. On the bright side she'll see her friends again that were all killed, slowly her pain began to fade as her heart slowly slowed down. Her senses began to leave, for once she isn't lonely. Her vision began to fade, going unconscious.

...

Akame opened her eyes once again but she wasn't in the same place instead it was a bright, white room. The assassin  inspected her surroundings, she couldn't move. Her legs and arms where stiff and the room was light up by fire. She tried to sit up but it was painful. The door got opened suddenly, "Akame?" It was Tatsumi, the red-eyed girl couldn't believe her eyes, "Don't move too much"

"What happened? Where am I?" She had a lot of questions to ask, she barely remembers anything.

"You were found by someone passing by, you were unconscious and you barely had a pulse. You were rushed here to the hospital, I was here and then I heard your name" Akame's eyes widened, she found it hard to believe that she was alive. Akame should have died, "Honestly, I was here because I just woke up from a coma after Esdeath transported me to someone who could help me and then you came in a couple months ago not long I woken up"

------------

Another woman stood at her front door talking to some soldiers, they seemed to hold a letter. She accepted it and closed the door behind her, "Who was it?" A male voice came from the dining room.

"Soldiers, nothing much" She responded, the woman was around thirty with red-eyes and brown short hair. Her tone was very motherly and sweet. She opened the letter and took it out of its little envolope. She began to read.

It was a telegram reporting Kurome's death, she let out a sob. Her new husband ran in hearing the cry, "What's wrong?" He then noticed the letter, the young man picked it up holding the piece of paper in his hands.

"She's dead! How?!" He never met his step-daughters but he knew they existed somewhere, "Akame is still alive though but she's in the hospital"

"I thought they'd live a better life away from us, if I hadn't gave them up... maybe..." She regrets the action to took after hearing about it.

"They would have been dead, their father would have killed them. If not they would have starved to death"