Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I can't see a thing in the pitch-black room, which is peculiar because there is always some form of light which allows me to see at least something in this room. The hairs on the back of my neck are standing up and my room also feels a lot colder than usual. This is not good.

"Sabrina, wake up!" I smack her again. There is no way I am going to deal with Elizabeth Mary's ghost in the middle of the night alone.

She emits a sleepy grumble and pulls herself up, "WHAT?"

As you can see, she's not a morning person... nor a middle of the night person.

"Help me!" The voice hisses again.

Sabrina freezes and stops complaining, "What the hell?"

I shut my eyes and hug my knees, scared shitless. Why does she keep disturbing me?

"She took away my entire life!" The voice moans.

The shiver I am so accustomed to travels down my spine again. Go away, I chant in my head.

"What do you mean by that?" Sabrina says in a robotic tone.

I smack her again.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"Your idiocy."

"Please!" It comes again, "Just promise me you will! Say you'll help me!"

It's fading but the urgency in the voice increases. I nod immediately, frightened, "Okay, I'll help you."

"Thank you." The whisper of the echoing voice sounds grateful and then, its gone.

Moonlight suddenly shines through my thin curtains, illuminating the room. I sigh heavily and turn to look at Sabrina, whose fair skin has turned translucent due to fright.

"What the fuck just happened!"

That's when I say the most stupid words known to mankind, "A ghost just asked us for help."

. . .

A knock sounds on my room door. I look up from my History book and back down at my way too tiny shorts and crop top. For some reason, its been really hot today. I contemplate the pros and cons of opening the door dressed this way and decide that I'm too lazy to change. I'll just ask whoever it is to go away.

I stand up reluctantly, too comfortable with my previous pose on the bed, and walk towards the door.

"Hey, Care," Luke smiles at me. Yes you read correctly. He smiled. "I'm here to talk about our operation make our parents divorced."

I stare at him for awhile. He is dressed in a body hugging white t-shirt and a pair of shorts that reach his knees. Talk about delicious.

I'm not the only one person checking out the gender of the opposite sex here. Luke's eyes travel down my torso, down my bare stomach, and down my bare legs. When his eyes come back to me mine, I am as red as a tomato.

"Can I come in?" His voice sounds slightly uneven as he runs his hands through his dark hair.

I stand holding the door, my tongue darting out to wet my dry lips. "Sure," I open the door wider.

So much for asking whoever is at the door to go away.

My conscience is a bitch.

He enters and I shut the door slowly. When I turn around, he's inches from me.