Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I sit at the lunch table beside Luke, picking at my food. A bunch of girls are sitting beside us. They keep glancing at Luke and giggling.

I miss Sabrina. I really do. It's been over two weeks since we've spoken. I see her sitting with her math partner and a few other people and feel jealousy rising up in me. Seems like she didn't have trouble replacing me.

I sigh loudly.

Luke rolls his eyes, "Go talk to her."

Since I couldn't talk to Sabrina, I was annoying Luke instead. I'm pretty sure that he's dying for us to make up so that he won't have to deal with my drama.

I glare discreetly at the giggling girls who are now looking at me too. I stab my fork into the apple on my plate.

Luke laughs and takes the apple out of the fork. He raises up the apple, "What did this apple ever do to you?"

I ignore his question, "I hate those girls."

He glances over at them and gives them a small smile and a wave. They burst into another round of giggles and one of them actually faints.

That makes me jealous too. I grew closer to Luke in the part two weeks, and so did my liking of him. He shouldn't be smiling and waving at any girl other than me!

He turns back to me, "They aren't that bad."

I grit my teeth and focus on my plate of food. I pick up a pickle and poise my fork in front of it, ready to jam it in.

"I'll take that if you don't want it," Says a voice behind me.

I drop my pickle in shock and turn around. Sabrina smiles at me, "Hey."

I smile back, grateful that she's the one humbling herself and approaching me. "Hey."

"Listen," She catches her bottom lip between her teeth then releases it. "I'm sorry. What I said the other day about you being crazy was really mean and I really miss you, Care."

She takes the empty seat beside me, "I thought a lot about what you said about your stepmother and the teddy bear and I realized that you're not making it up and neither are you insane. I just really miss you and I'm wondering if you would forgive me?"

I look at her. Her eyes study mine hopefully, fearing rejection, but I've never rejected her whenever she apologies, so she knows the answer I'm going to give.

"Okay, but lets not have a big teary conversation and hug each other."

Sabrina laughs, "Okay, but I do want to hug you."

I nod so she does so while I sit stiffly.

I am definitely not a hugger.

. . .

"Tell me everything that has happened with Luke the past two weeks," Sabrina prods, perched on the edge of my bed.

I roll my eyes but inform her. I tell her about our 'Operation make our parents divorced' and full details about plan one. Sabrina is in tears of laughter by the end.

"That really backfired. I bet they're even closer to each other," She giggles.

"I know," I groan.

"Lets forget about your parents for the time being," She shifts closer towards me, "I think Luke likes you."

I push her away, "I highly doubt that."

"Oh come on. If he didn't push your hand away, it has to be because he has the tiniest bits of feelings towards you."