Chapter Six | Poldark

"Ross?"

"Dwight, you're needed dearly at the mine! Some boulders have fell, some of my workers are severly injured. Hurry!" Ross blurted out, already mounting his horse. Dwight rushed around his house, collecting medical equipment, he swiftly leapt on his horse and galloped along side Ross, heading towards the mine.

Grace had errupted with sheer panic. Men lay across the grass grunting and screaming with pain, others sat attempting to help the injured. Panicking, Dwight began to attend to the many miners who had been injured through the fall of rocks and boulders underground. He cleaned out cuts and slashes, bandaging up open wounds, attended to head injuries and broken bones, after a few minutes the worst injuries were sorted. Ross sang Dwights praises, swearing he was ever in debt to the magnificent doctor.

He caught a glimpse of a girl hiding behind the mine entrance, it was Harriet. Praying that no one was looking, he ran over to her a grin on his face. "Harriet? What are you doing here?"

She smiled slightly, cautiously looking around. "I came to visit you, I hope you're well."

Dwight nodded, thinking of something to say. "How is everything at home?" Harriet shook her head, "it's just the same really."

"Is there really nothing I can do?"

She shook he head again sadly.

"Is there anything you could do?" He asked, looking into her blue eyes sincerely.

"I don't quite know what you mean..." She mumbled. She heard Patrick shouting her name in confusion, so she gave Enys a small smile before hurridly returning to her fiancé.

Dwight chewed his lip, an idea brewing in his mind.

A/N
So I know it's been a long time... and I've come back with a short paragraph whoops
So I'm sorry for that

However, I really wanted to write something becauseee Poldark season three episode one aired like an hour ago which is so excited omg

I hope you enjoyed :3

P.s Ive noticed that there is hardly any Poldark fanficitons :0