Chapter 2

*5 days later in the morning*

Ahhhh, the sweet sound of my alarm again. Only this time, it's 5:30 in the morning. I get out of bed, slip into my slippers, and pick out a cute "Manchester, here I come!" outfit. I put that on, a cute peach colored dress and light pink vans, and go downstairs to the kitchen. I pop some bread into the toaster and realize my mom was there waiting for me to see her.

"Hey kiddo, you ready to see your dad?"

"Yeah, I'm looking forward to it!" This year, instead of Jade driving me to the airport like she usually does, Jake is taking me. He said he had to tell me something before I left.

"Cool, you know I'm gonna miss you a lot," my mom says as she smiles.

"I'm gonna miss you too mom! I love you so much!"

"I love you too!" She says and starts to cry. "Oh, my baby girl just graduated from high school and is leaving me for the summer!"

"Don't worry mom, I'll be back soon!" I say, then the doorbell rings. "That must be Jake, he's a half hour early."

"Yeah, well I love you! Have a nice vacation!" She says and kisses me goodbye. We hug for about 2 minutes. You'd think we'd be used to being apart, but we're not.

"Hey Jake, sorry you had to wait. I was saying goodbye to my mom," I say. He smiles at me.

"That's fine, I came early to tell you something." He says.

"What?" I ask.

"Wait a minute, let's go stop somewhere first."

"Okay," I say. We hop in his car and get to this park near the airport. It has a cute little bench and he just looks up at me.

"Let's sit down outside real quick." He says. I giggle, but get out of the car. I'm so confused to what is going on.

"What is it, Jake?" I say anxious to know what he needs to say to me.

"This is so hard to say." He says. He looks at me for a minute and takes a breath. "I think I love you."

"Wha..." I start but don't finish, I'm interrupted by him kissing me. I stop him. "Jake, I need to think about this, please stop."

"Okay, I'm so sorry." He says. We get back in the car, neither of us saying anything the rest of the way. When we finally get to the airport he looks at me, hugs me, kisses me on the cheek, and runs away. I had no idea he'd be so embarrassed.

I get on the plane about 15 minutes later and sit next to some curly haired guy with sunglasses on. He falls asleep before we take off, so the flight attendant asks me to wake him.

"Excuse me, sir," I say as I shake him awake. "I'm sorry, but the attendant told me to wake you, because we haven't taken off yet."

"You like one direction, huh?" He asks pointing to my one direction necklace in a voice that sounds strangely familiar. He takes off his glasses.

"Omigod! You're Harry Styles!" I manage to say, though I can hardly breathe.

"Yes, well last time I checked at least," he says and starts to chuckle. "You seem like a cool girl."

"Thanks," I say. I've managed to look and sound calm. A little trick my mom taught

me to do when talking to celebrities. I couldn't believe it though, on the inside. I was next to Harry Fucking Styles! Omigod, breathe, breathe.

"What are you going to Manchester for?" He asks.

"I go every summer to visit my dad," I answer. He looks so hot in his black skinny jeans and those beautiful green eyes glistening. "What about you?"

"I live near by, but I'm looking for a house there." He says.

"Oh that's cool, I mean that sounded weird. I meant where'd you find time to do that, you must be awfully busy," I know, I said awfully. I'm a loser.

"Yeah, well this summer we have off and I'm spending this summer with the boys in a house we're renting there," he says. God I still couldn't believe that I was sitting next to the Harry Styles.

"That's cool," I laugh. I don't know why I laugh, but I laugh.

"What's so funny?" He asks me.

"Nothing, I just laugh for no reason 90% of the time," I start laughing again and he joins me.

"You know, you'd be perfect for my friend Niall. You might of heard of him?" He laughs. All of a sudden he takes something out of his pocket, a piece of paper and a pen. Then he writes something down. "Here's my number, maybe you can hang out with me and the boys."

"I'm dreaming, right?" I ask as he hands me the slip of paper with his number.

"No love, I just want Niall to meet you. I also would love to become friends." He chuckled. "You seem like a fun person." I literally couldn't breathe for like a minute.

"Thanks, so do you," I say to him.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we've landed. Please exit carefully." Says the flight attendant.

"Don't forget to call me!" He shouts once we're off the plane. "Like tomorrow or something."

"I won't and tomorrow sounds great." I take fifteen steps and then I hear my name being called.

"Daniella!" I hear. It's my dad and his girlfriend, Liz. Liz has made a sign saying "Welcome back, Daniella! We miss you!!!".