Midnight Memories

I woke up to the beautiful sound of my alarm. That sounded totally sarcastic, but it wasn't. My alarm plays "Happily" by One Direction to wake me up. Oh, how I love One Direction! Especially Niall, with baby blue eyes that make you just melt...more importantly, (yeah, right) I have to get ready for school. I live in Manhattan and everyday I wake up to the beautiful city I call my home. This is the last week of school before summer vacation, which means 5 days before I go to Manchester to visit my

My parents split when I was 7, and I know this sounds horrible, but it was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I mean, I'm sorry that they didn't work out, I really am. I love them. But...I get to live in New York for the school year, and the day that summer vacation starts I get to go to Manchester to visit my father, until the day before school starts. I also have the option to switch where I live during the school year and summer.

"Daniella!" calls Jade, my best friend since preschool. Jade loves One Direction almost as much as I do. We have a great time fangirling for hours at a time over texts or in person.

"Coming," I say as I run down stairs, grab a piece of toast and fly out the front door.

Everyday, Jade and I walk to school together and talk about our feelings and other girly shit. Yeah, we're normal girls (you might be surprised). When we get to school, we meet up with our other best friend Jake and Jade's boyfriend Dustin. Jake absolutely hates it when we talk about the one direction guys, he says we need to get a life. Dustin, on the other hand is okay with it, as long as after almost every sentence Jade includes "Oh, but not as hot as you Dus!" *wink, wink*.

"There are my two favorite girls!" Shouts Jake from across the hall. He is very good looking, he kind of looks like Liam Hemsworth.

"Woah, there," says Dustin. "One of those lovely ladies is mine!"

"Guys stop embarrassing us!" Jade and I shout at the exact same time. The boys laugh.

"Well, I have 5 days before I leave to Manchester for the summer, let's make the most of it!" I say. "After all, it is our senior year!"

======================================================================= Authors Note: I know this is a super, super short chapter. But I want to cut to 5 days later!