Chapter 8: A Nice Thing.

Start from the beginning

"Do you want to see me do a cartwheel?" Isabelle said leaning over to Kalel.

She nodded her head and we watched Isabelle go over to the grass and stand straight as a stick. She threw her arms above her head and stuck one foot out. She gave a little hop and pushed herself over into a lopsided cartwheel.

I lightly laughed as I started to applaud her. "Good job, honey." She gave a wide smile and did a little bow to all of us.

She skipped back over and sat next to Anthony again.

After twenty more minutes of Isabelle going on about her experiences in gymnastics, the doorbell rang. "Oh that's the pizza!" I said lifting myself up. I walked inside and grabbed the twenty off the counter and quickly walked to the front door as the bell rang once more.

I opened it to see a man in about his 30's at the door holding the pizza.

"11.25." The guy said.

"Okay here-" I was cut off by Ian suddenly handing money in the guy's hand. "There you go." He said.

"Ian, you don't have to." I said looking back to him.

He shook his head and grinned. "No, I insist."

I opened my mouth but was stopped by Ian putting his hand up. "Just shut up." He said laughing.

I laughed and stepped back as Ian grabbed the pizza and shut the door. He walked over to the kitchen counter and set it on there. "Pizza!" He said poking his head the sliding door. Kalel, Anthony, and Isabelle came piling in.

Once they all got their pizza we sat around and ate. We talked for what seemed like hours. Isabelle ended up challenging Ian that she was better at Wii tennis than him. He decided to take her on and they played endless rounds of tennis.

Isabelle was knocked out on the couch by 10:30. The rest of us were quietly talking in the living room. Ian was next to me on one couch while Kalel and Anthony were on the one diagonal from us.

"Well, I suppose we should get going." Anthony said standing up. Kalel also stood up.

"Yeah it's getting late." She said.

"Alright." I said standing up. I heard Isabelle rustling on the couch. She sat up a little and rubbed her eyes. She sat there staring at the floor.

"Isabelle?" I said watching her. She looked up at me. "You need to go to bed." I said.

She resisted a little.

"Anthony, Kalel and Ian have to leave." I sat next to her.

She perked up a little. "do you have to go?" She whined looking at them.

Anthony smirked. "Yeah." He said elongating the word. "But we'll see you soon though kiddo." He was bending down.

"I drove separately." Ian said to Kalel.

"I'll walk you out." I said half smiling, butting into the conversation a little.

Ian smiled back and we walked over to the door.

"I'll walk him out too." Isabelle said proudly.

"Uhh- how about you stay in here and I'll tuck you in." Kalel said looking at me.

I don't know why she offered to do that but I was glad she did...for some reason. Anthony smirked at Ian. I was beginning to wonder what all these exchange of looks were about. I had my suspicions.

"Brush your teeth first." I said before walking out the door.

I turned around and walked down the steps with Ian at a slower pace.

"Why did you pay for the pizza?" I asked crossing my arms from the breeze that whistled through the air.

"Because you're a single mom raising her and I thought it would be a nice thing to do."

"Well it was, but if you're worried about my financial state, don't. 12 dollars isn't going to hurt me." I said with a laugh.

"Don't forget the tip." Ian said pointing a finger at me.

I giggled. "Well that tip was pretty expensive." I sarcastically looked at him. "So thanks for saving me." I said turning around and leaning against the car.

Ian chuckled and took a step closer. I noticed him glance at my lips a few times while we just stood there.

I had a strong urge just to kiss him right there. I wasn't sure why. I didn't know if it was because I thought he wanted to kiss me or what. Maybe I had more feelings towards him than I thought. I slightly winced at the thought of having to date someone all over again and being pressured to think you have to marry them. I shook the thought out of my head and slightly moved to the side.

"I should get back inside." I said quickly. Ian's smile faded a little but quickly came back.

"Alright." he said throwing his arms out.

I gave him a hug and walked past him. I turned around and walked backwards for a few steps.

"Night." he said.

I felt another smile spread across my face just by the simplest of things he said. I waved, turned around and walked back to the house.

As I stepped on the platform in front of the house Kalel and Anthony emerged.

"She's all ready and in bed." Kalel said.

"Thanks guys." I replied.

"Oh and she said she wanted to say goodnight but I'm pretty sure she's out by now." Anthony added. "Night." he smiled and gave me a hug. I quickly hugged Kalel and made my way back into the house.

I walked into Isabelle's room to find her fast asleep with her mouth slightly open.

I kissed her forehead and turned off the lights, exiting the room.