5 | Exposed

"Hi," I said sheepishly. I knew how terrible we must have looked. Gabby was sprawled on the floor, now covered in dirt and I was standing over her.

"This..this isn't what it looks...I can explain," I forced myself to say.

"Right," Ryan said. "So you can explain why you and Gabby followed us in here?"

I looked Ryan dead in the eye while I mentally prepared what I was going to say, but then out of the corner of my eye I saw Gabby with her head in her hands, hysterically laughing.

As soon as Gabby and I made eye contact, I was gone. Tears started streaming down my face I was laughing so hard.

"Um, hello. I'm waiting for an explanation," Ryan continued.

"We were...Gabby and I were walking home...we saw light from stadium....walked in here...heard people...got scared....tripped....and yeah," I managed to get out in gasps through the laughter.

"Okay, this is ridiculous. Can you please get off the floor," Ryan said as he reach down to help Gabby up.

I was so distracted by the laughter that I forgot Christian was still standing there with a smug grin on his face, staring straight at me with his piercing green eyes.

I stepped over the machine in front of me, so that I was standing face to face with Christian.

"I swear we weren't following you," I pleaded to him.

"I believe you," he replied.

"Really?" I said.

"No," he said with a chuckle.

Then he smiled. His really bright, blinding, and utterly handsome smile. I swooned, almost, because Gabby suddenly grabbed my arm and uttered,

"Lets get out of here. Jerk face over there won't stop harassing me," she said as she motioned to Ryan still standing where Gabby had been sprawled moments ago.

We were halfway out the door before Ryan yelled.

"Wait, you guys followed us here and now your leaving? Your not even going to hang out with us," he said.

"Hang out with you?! Hang out with you?! You just accused us of stalking you, so no, we are NOT going to hang out with you," Gabby yelled back at Ryan before she grabbed my arm and practically ran out of the stadium.

Once we were out of earshot, I turned to Gabby.

"What the hell was that. I've never seen you get that mad," I said.

"That asshole was being such a fucking...asshole," she yelled. "I have never met someone so incredibly infuriating before. Why is it always the hottest guys who are the biggest jerks?"

"I have no idea," I said as we pulled open the door to our building.

All of the sudden Gabby burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Gabby! What the hell are you laughing at?"

She took a deep breath and said, "Its just so funny that any girl on this campus would kill for the opportunity to hang out with Christian and Ryan and we just voluntarily turned them away."

"You voluntarily turned them away Gabby, not me. I would have been perfectly content hanging out with them," I said.