Don't Fear The Reaper

Start from the beginning

"Woke up one morning, stone blind. Doctors figured out I had cancer. Told me I had maybe a month. So, uh, we prayed for a miracle. I was weak, but I told Sue Ann, 'You just keep right on praying.' I went into a coma. Doctors said I wouldn't wake up, but I did. And the cancer was gone." Roy replied.

Roy takes off his sunglasses and his eyes were white. He was completely blind.

"If it wasn't for these eyes, no one would believe I'd ever had it." He added.

"And suddenly you could heal people?" Dean asked.

"I discovered it afterward, yes. God's blessed me in many ways." Roy replied.

"And his flock just swelled overnight. And this is just the beginning." Sue Ann added.

"Can I ask you one more question?" Dean asked.

"Of course you can." Roy replied.

"Why? Why me? Out of all the sick people, why save me?" Dean asked.

"Well, like I said before, the Lord guides me. I looked into your heart, and you just stood out from all the rest." Roy answered.

"What did you see in my heart?" Dean asked.

"A young man with an important purpose. A job to do. And it isn't finished." Roy replied.

"Thank you for your time." I said to Roy and Sue Ann.

"Yeah thank you but we must be going." Dean said.

We walked out onto the front steps and ran into Layla and her mom.

"Dean, hey." Layla said, completely ignoring me. I looked at Dean.

"I'll wait in the car." I said and walked away. I sat in the car and waited. Sue Ann walked out and Layla's mom argued with her. I wanted to hear this so I got out and walked over to them.

"Why are you still even here? You got what you wanted." I heard Layla's mom.

"Mom, stop." Layla said.

"No, Layla, this is too much. We've been to every single service. If Roy would stop choosing these strangers over you. Strangers who don't even believe. I just can't pray any harder." Layla's mom said bitterly.

"That's enough." I hissed at her. Dean put an arm on my shoulder.

"Layla what's wrong?" He asked her.

"I have this thing..." Layla started but trailed off. Dean squeezed my shoulder, as if telling me to leave. I brushed off his shoulder and went to the car. Layla's mom says something and walks off, pulling Layla with her. Dean walks up and gets into the car.

"You wanna talk about it?" I asked.

"She has a brain tumor." Dean said sadly.

I was at a loss for words. Dean started the car and we drove back to the hotel in silence. Sam was in the room on his laptop when we walked in. I took off my jacket and plopped on the bed. I fell asleep almost instantly.