Prologue: Assignment

A/n: Well, it certainly has been a while. Hello friends, and welcome back! This is where the Widowmaker saga will be from now on. I'm actually going to try to be active from now on, so keep an eye out for the next entries.

PLEASE critique! If you think something is wrong or my writing style needs improvement, please let me know! As always, I hope you enjoy!

-🕷-

"Here's your assignment." Reaper placed the folder on the desk. Widowmaker opened it. There was a picture of a person in what appeared to be their signature clothes: an Overwatch battle uniform. Sombra looked over with curiosity.

"Y/n L/n. Overwatch Recon Agent. Over thirty missions in the field, thirteen of those against Talon. More info in there." Reaper laid it all out.

"This person?" Sombra chuckled, and held up a picture of them dressed casually. "Seems pretty harmless to me."

"They disrupted communications for many operations," Reaper denied, "and cost us a lot of men, money, and missions."

"You want them dead?" Widowmaker looked at him. He slowly nodded. "D'accord. I'll carry it out." She closed the file and began to walk away, when Sombra stopped her.

"Hold on," Sombra said. Widowmaker turned her head. "If this person is as skillful as you say," she pointed at Reaper, "wouldn't it be better to have them on our side rather than lying in a ditch somewhere?" She grinned. "Think about it. We could use their skills to strike down Overwatch and their allies. They probably know a lot, too. Names, locations, that sort of thing." She folded her arms, waiting for the two of them.

Widowmaker tightened her glove.

"You're certain we can turn them?" She looked down at the image of Y/n.

"Positive. We just need the right motivation. I'll do some extra digging." Sombra pulled up a holographic screen and began to do some research.

"If you want to risk it," Reaper stated, "that's up to you. If it fails..." he looked directly at Widowmaker. "We go with the original plan."

"Fair enough," Widowmaker said. "We'll have this locked down in no time." She affirmed.

"I hope you're right," Reaper growled. With one final look at Sombra, he walked out of the briefing room.

Widowmaker began to walk out as well. Sombra followed her.

"You know," Sombra giggled, "they're kinda cute."

Widowmaker said nothing, nor did she look at her comrade.

"Come on, I know you think so." Sombra raised an eyebrow as she spoke.

"Do you have something for me, or not?" Widowmaker's tone was cold and emotionless.

"Well, there's this." She began to whisper into Widowmaker's ear.

After she was done, Widowmaker looked at her with disapproval.

"That's ridiculous." She dismissed the idea.

"Come on, araña, it could work!"

Widowmaker pondered it for a moment. It did make sense, and, after all, they were going to try to turn them to Talon's side.

"All right," she conceded, "I'll give it a shot."

Later that night, she was going through the file again.

Staring at the picture, a strange thought entered her dark, calculating mind.

"Y/n... you are kind of cute."

-🕷-

A/n: And so began the adventure.

I'll move the other chapters here relatively soon, with a few changes. Couple of errors and whatnot. They will be fixed, do not fear! Keep an eye out for them.

Thank you so much for reading, everyone! I'll see you next time.

Widowmaker, Overwatch, and all the characters belong to Blizzard Entertainment. You, the reader, belong to you.