Chapter 6 part 1

Start bij het begin

"Thanks, Jarvis. I appreciate it - I really needed that. You know, that's the first time you haven't said 'Master' or 'Sir' to me."

"My apologies, Master Harry."

"I prefer it without the formality. You know, for an AI, you're basically human. Emotions-wise anyway."

"Thank You, Sir."

"I need to go now, Jarvis. It's nearly curfew." Harry choked out. It was getting too hard to keep his emotions in check.

"I'll keep you informed."

"Thanks, Jarvis. Bye."

"Goodbye, Harry."

The phone cut off. The young wizard collapsed, sobs wracking his body.

Fred and George's hearts split at the sight of the broken teen huddled on the floor. They stepped out of the shadows, moving carefully towards the crying boy.

"Harry?" Fred asked, hesitantly.

Harry's head snapped up at his name. The twins were stood right in front of him.

"What?" he bit out with faux harshness.

The twins just bent down and hugged him, the boy-who-lived breaking down on their shoulders.

When Harry's sobs ceased, George asked: "Do you want to talk about it?"

Harry gave him a small smile then looked to his lap. "When I was eleven, just got back from first year, the Dursley's didn't come to pick me up. An hour after the Hogwarts Express had come in, a man by the name of Anthony 'Tony' Stark, CEO of Stark Industries, found me sat there. He took me to a restaurant. We talked a bit. Then, completely randomly, he asked if he could adopt me. I questioned why he'd want a freak like me, but agreed anyway. It was the best decision I have ever made." Harry had tears forming in his eyes again.

"Dad and I have grown close over the years. Really close. Dad is a genius. He makes muggle weapons for the army. The other day, he flew over to Afghanistan to do a presentation on the new bomb - the Jericho. On the way back to his hotel room, along the only road for miles, his car was ambushed. The people riding with him were either critically injured or killed. Except for dad. They suspect he's been kidnapped. They have suspicions as to whom, but no leads."

Fred and George's eyes were growing steadily wider in shock. Harry's life was filled with so much pain and hardship.

"I never wanted to be in this god-damned tournament. I have enough money as it is - in both worlds. Dad is the richest muggle. In the wizarding world, I'm the boy-who-lived and heir to two of the richest and most powerful families - Potter and Black. I have too much. And let's not forget the near-death experiences every year here - Why the hell would I want to participate? I guess, with my name coming out the coup and everyone turning against me, then the phone call from Us, I just sorta... snapped."

By the end, the twins were hugging him so hard that his ribs were groaning in protest.
"We'll help you as much as possible, Harry." they spoke in unison.

"Thanks, guys."

~end memory~

~memory~

It was a few weeks before Christmas and Harry was in a secluded part of the castle again, on the phone to Jarvis.

"Why aren't you able to come home, Harry? If you don't mind me asking." Jarvis intoned.

"There's a stupid Yule ball. I am being made to go against my will. I wish I was with you and Happy. It's just what I need about now. But I can't let anyone know about dad - there will be assassination attempts and I will be taken away. I know it. It's better for me to stay here. Please don't forget to keep me updated on the search."