Chapter 5 - A warm feeling

The tapping of her heels resounded in the corridor and strangely it rhymed the beat of my heart like an orchestra. The pounding of my heart became louder as I approached the woman standing in front of our apartment. With the remaining courage I could gather, I said in a rather crispy voice:

"Hello krup. How can I help you, krup?"

She stopped moving her bright red heels and spun around – making her ponytail swung from side to side. I could see my reflection in her big round black sunglasses as she leaned forward to look at me. I couldn't tell where exactly she was looking at but the movement of her head made me understood that she scanned me from head to toe and then back again to my face.

Fear started to break through the thin wall of courage I build. The bouncing of my heart became heavy and loud; I couldn't stop that feeling of fear that was building up inside me. She looked shorter than me but with her 15 cm high heels she was taller which made it more intimidating as she leaned more to my face. I couldn't stare away from those black sunglasses. With a slow movement she slid her sunglasses down her nose with her index finger, letting her round black eyes appeared.

"Ah!" she shouted

My heart nearly stopped. I was shocked to her reaction and I really thought she would be beating me up. After coming back to my sense I looked at her with a wondering face.

"You must be Arthit!" She said as she removed her sunglasses to plug them in between her breast which was slightly exposed

"Nice to meet you, finally. That brat just told us about living with a senior and he never told us anything about him nor did he want to bring him home. I had work to do around here so I wanted to drop by. I didn't expect I will meet you." She said very enthusiastically

Kong didn't want me to go to his house? My heart pierced when I heard it. I couldn't think of anything else. Was he afraid that his family would find out about us? Was he ashamed of me? My head was spinning and I seriously didn't know what to reply back.

"Oh I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Pang. I am Kongpob's older sister." She said with a smile

[Note: I don't know his sister's name and how her character is]

"I'm Arthit. I am Kongpob's roommate and senior from University. Nice meeting you too. Please come in for some tea." I offered to her with a smile.

She gave me a giant grin but I didn't know why. My hands were trembling as I turn the key in the keyhole; I really hope she didn't notice. I let her lead the way and I quickly followed her in. My heart was restless; it kept pounding like crazy as my mind filled itself with questions and doubts. While she was inspecting the room, I hid Kong's gift in one of the drawers – knowing that Kong doesn't open them. I prepared some infusion tea and she automatically sat at the table as I gently leave the cup on the table.

She crossed her legs and sipped the tea. Failing to suppress my rising panic, I curled up a bit in my chair while her eyes were still scrutinizing the room. I croaked, and cleared my throat.

"I'm sorry I didn't recognize you and I didn't have anything else except water and tea." I said with a low and polite voice.

I looked at her reaction. I wonder if my face was showing how panicked I was and if she knew that my hands and feet were trembling under the table. She stared at me and smile.

"No need to be so polite. I am not here to break you two up." She said calmly

"You knew?" I asked surprised.