Chapter 9: Safe...For Now

Start from the beginning

"How much trouble am I in?"

            No one answered my question. After waiting a few more minutes, I tried getting down on the ground but was immediately stopped at once as everyone rushed over to stop me.

"Calm down" I quickly said as I was forced back on the table

"I'm not a porcelain doll...I won't break. I'm fine" I said as I crossed my arms

"Do you even know what "fine" means?" Letty asked me

I looked up in surprise "I think so" I replied quietly "it means four things

"You're right" was all she said

            After waiting a few minutes she spoke up again

"It means fickly, insecure, neurotic, and emotional..." So we have a problem.

            I didn't respond all I did was whisper to my self that I would be okay.

"Okay?!!" Dom said in an angry voice

"You could have had seriously hurt yourself out there Calayla! You could have even "died" his voice chocked up when he said that.

"You're not okay, you have scrapes all over your body, you're cold, you're not even "fine" and you can barely stand on your feet much less even walk. You're hurt..." He was silent for a little while

He looked at Mia and Letty "Mia, help Cal take a shower and just guard"

He looked at Letty "Letty, go find Cal something to wear please and can you help me disinfect her cuts later"

"You got it Baba" she replied

"What" I exclaimed "Why do I need to be disinfected if I am already going to shower?!!!"

"Because we don't want an infection and it needs to be fully clean..." Dominic simply replied.

Letty came over to where I was and just gave me a look that seemed to say "I wish you luck, there is nothing I can do" She helped me get down and she and Mia helped me climb up the stairs and go into the bathroom. Then Letty left leaving me and Mia alone, I stood there feeling like I was being punished. I guess my mind was wondering around in Lala land until I heard Mia say

"Cal, hurry up and start taking your shower. Otherwise Dom will have both of our heads"

             I got into the shower pulled the curtain clothes and then stripped down naked. I turned on the water until it was warm. When the water started coming out and hitting my skin I yelped. It stung so bad that it was horrible. I started crying from the pain everything was stinging. Mia came over and handed me a soft hand towel that I accepted with an appreciative look.

"Make sure you take most of the dirt away Cal" she said

"Mhmm" was all I said as I wetted the towel and tried to ever so gently clean the scrapes.

             After about 20 minutes in the shower I had successfully lived and taken most of the dirt out. My body was red from stinging and some scrapes had begun bleeding again. Mia handed me the towel and when I wrapped it around me she helped me wobble into Mia's room.

            There I sat on the bed and got the clothes Letty laid out for me and started putting it on. I was so thankful she selected thin short shorts for me to wear and a tank top that came with a bra inside already. After I was done Vince came in picked me up and carried me down the stairs into the living room in the couch that was now turned into a bed where Dom awaited me with disinfecting alcohol and wipes and bandages.