Chapter 9: Battles, Favors, and Scams

Start from the beginning

*****

"Ugh...I was told that lifeguards got more respect than this."

"Sorry to burst your bubble, sir, but you attacked us before we could explain what we were doing. We were just trying to get something for a friend of ours. Wait, where did he go?"

"Oh, he left before the battle. He was muttering something about the lake being haunted."

"Great, now we have to track him down again. Why extactly did you attack us?"

"I'm the guardian of Catfish Pond. It's my job to protect the fish that live and vacation here. I just attack anyone that disturbs the fish here in an attempt to scare them off. You two are actually the first ones to fight back."

"Oh. Well, we're sorry for disturbing you. We're just going to go on our way now."

SV Snaggerjag disappeared after that conversation and as Katie picked up a Water Ring and fourty-one dollars off the ground, Nate took the ring Walkappa found, cleaned it off with the bottom of his shirt and pocketed it.

"Okay, let's go find Bear and return the ring to him. We'll just say that it flew out during those big splashes."

Before they walked out of Catfish Pond, they grabbed their fishing poles, acting like they had been just fishing, and Nate said,

"Since we're here, do you guys want to check out the Crank-a-kai real quick?"

They walked over to the area where the Crank-a-kai was.

"I'm surprised no one noticed that the gate was gone."

"Eh, no one really seems to care anyway."

When they got up to the Crank-a-kai, they noticed that the glass had been cleaned recently and they could see the capsules inside. There were gray, red, blue, purple, golden, and black capsules, much to the kid's surprise. Whisper let off an involuntary shudder.

"Whisper, are you okay, nya?"

"Sorry, just being near it freaks me out. I really hate that thing."

"Don't worry, Whisper. We're just going to use the Purple Coin and then we'll leave it alone."

Nate put the the Purple Coin into the coin slot, but before he turned it, he asked Whisper,

"Is it random what I get or is there a system?"

"It depends on the coin. With the Purple Coin, you'll either get a Yo-kai from the Eeriee tribe or some sort of item. Actually, you'll proably get an item regardless of what coin you use, but the Yo-kai depend on the coin."

Nate turned the knob and a capsule popped out. The capsule was gray and Nate twisted it. It released a puff of smoke and in it's place was a Bronze Doll.

"What does this do?"

"Nothing. You sell it for cash. Bronze Dolls go for ten bucks, silver is fifty, and gold is a hundred."

"So, how do we convince the Everymart cashier to buy these dolls if they don't do anything? In fact, how do we convince them to buy any weird Yo-kai items we get that we don't need?!"

"When it comes to that point, I'll tell you. Right now, we have to find Bear. I didn't see him in this area, unfortunately."

"Well, he left his stuff at Catfish Pond, so he's probably going to get them back at some point. We can wait around for him and do some requests in the meantime."

"We can't do the Rhino Beetle request until it's late, remember?"

"There's other people around here, they probably have problems we can solve."