Chapter 26

Chapter 26:

Beyond the blurriness, Lacey’s beautiful abode never failed to amuse Sebastian.

              It has been some time. I has been some period. I forgave him. But, is it idiotic for me to still lie on his bed and think we can be a happy family with a daughter? Sebastian sighed as he firmly sat on the bed and pushed the duvet out of his grasp. He rubbed his face and ignored the pangs of pain under his bruises.

              His vision a blur, his lips a dried sanctuary of passion, Sebastian cried as everything fell into place. All landed on the oblivious stage of confusion where the marquee blinked and the curtains an array of iridescent colors, trying to please all the eyes. On that stage, he sang his song but to only reverberate and echo to nothingness, creating discord. Sebastian’s sob echoed but it seemed unadulterated. Is sorrow the only thing for me?

              “Good morning!” Lacey exclaimed as he bombastically entered the room.

              Sebastian gave him a tired smile.

              “Why?” Lacey scrutinized after laying the breakfast-on-bed exhibition. He scooted near Sebastian until their hips made contact with each other. Lacey breathed on his neck and inhaled the scent of the Betadine flustering his morning bliss.

              Sebastian sighed and crumpled his face with his own rough palm.

              “I love you,” Lacey muttered. “I am sorry and if I would be given forever, I would be apologetic in that whole infinity. Sebastian, I am sorry. T-That night w-was… was blur! I did not—”

              Sebastian hushed him. He gently laid his finger on Lacey’s dried lips and trailed its edge. “You need lip gloss before I kiss you. I love you too.”

              Lacey smiled. “I’m sorry.”

              “I’m sorry too,” Sebastian confessed.

              “You’re hurt because of me.”

              “I’m hurt because I love you and if I will be given your forever, I’ll make that period suppressed by my care than your apologies. I love you, Lacey. Although, you hurt me twice, you love me more than once. It is enough for me to trust my last years to you.”

              “I love you. You are the greatest thing that happened in my life,” Lacey said with relief. “You’re my angel. My hero,” he proclaimed and kissed him. “Can I just wet it? You know? My lips?”

              Sebastian smiled and plummeted his lips into Lacey’s. “I will love you no matter what. You are as sweet as an orange, redhead,” he breathed.

Breakfast in bed had been great. Sebastian had never taken it shirtless. Always under his pajamas with Hello Kitty designs. He brushed his chest clear of sweat and ran his fingers through Lacey’s curls and as his hand escaped the autumn jungle, he grabbed his fork and sliced the pancake in half.

              “Burnt again?” Sebastian teased and Lacey blushed.

              “I love burnt things don’t worry,” he continued and patted Lacey who lay on his lap wrapped with the duvet.

              “Maple syrup not needed. The pancake beams with enthusiasm upon its unadulterated bitterness.” Sebastian chuckled.

              The white duvet made him feel sanctuary. Inside that soft linen, he was safe. He was alive and immaculate. And before him was a seamless pair of pure rings burning with ardent passion. Juxtaposed between was a cherry. Aphrodisiac. Sebastian sighed and fondled with Lacey’s nose. He loved it. It looked like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer sleighing on the white landscape. Sebastian clutched his hand over his chest as the building tremor shook his hand then throughout his body. Lacey quickly got up and watched Sebastian writhe in pain.