Introduction

I was born in Bulgaria, where I was fortunate to have a pleasant childhood, a loving family in a financially stable situation. My parents divorced when I was about second grade in school and that brought upon dark clouds for a few years. My brother was one year and a half at this time so he didn't take it the way I did. For me, my happy childhood was the period before school and before the divorce. My parents had me young, so I grew up mostly with my grandparents, at their village house, while my parents were finishing their studies. I grew up in a loving, warm atmosphere, surrounded by flowers, animals and lots of other children.

The school years were typical - went through some isolation and bullying, but managed to find good and loyal friends with which I still keep in contact and manage to meet occasionally. I kept a good grade score and was, as a whole, a good kid.

My father and his parents were all in the accounting business, and for some reason, I've always wanted to follow this road. Already as a child I knew that art is an unreliable occupation and decided to leave it as a hobby. So I went to a High School of Economics and after that to an University of Economics, where I studied Accounting and Finance.

Thanks to the university I got familiar to the Erasmus Exchange program and spent one semester in Berlin, Germany, which is the best decision I have ever made. It was a life-changing experience which I always recommend to everyone. Then I had a chance to live through the first steps of being an adult - living alone, although I was still being supported financially entirely from my parents.

After I came back to Bulgaria, I kept longing for Germany. I was unhappy in my home town, I felt misunderstood. I was trying to replicate my experience in Berlin as much as possible by meeting people from Couch Surfing, who had come to visit Bulgaria and showing them around my city. At some point in the last year of my Bachelor studies, my father agreed to support my wish to do a Master degree in Germany, so I started preparing all the needed certificates.

So one year later I was accepted to do a Master degree in Business Administration in a renown university in Berlin. At the age of 24, optimistic and full of hope, I moved permanently to Germany. Little did I know, that life doesn't always go the way we plan it to.