Scorpius:Potions Class

"Now, stir it 2 times, anti-clockwise, as showned by Miss Weasley over here," Professor Thruss points at Rose while she was stirring the mixture in the cauldron, "And then add 4 Fire Seeds to your cauldron, like what Mister Malfoy is doing, and then let it set for 1 minute."

Me and Rose were starting our first day as Professor Thruss's assistants in Potions class, and we've been helping him brew a Pepperup Potion for the past hour. It isn't easy having to stand up in front of your class and be like a teacher, but at least Professor Thruss said that if we do a good job at this, we would always pass Potions and we don't have to take a test for this class, which I'm actually quite surprised that Professor Mcgonagall allowed this since she's the headmistress and she loved seeing us taking our tests.

"And there you have it! That's how you brew a Pepprup Potion. Now, might I ask what this potion is used for?"

To my surprise, I find that only two people are raising their hands. It was Jenneth and Randy.

"Ah! Mister Goyle, what is the use of a Pepperup Potion?" Professor Thruss pointed at Randy.

"A Pepperup Potion is used to improve health, relieve coughs and colds, and elevate body temperature," Randy said confidently.

"Very good, Mister Goyle, very good! Now, for Miss Zabini, what is the side-effect of this potion?"

"The Pepperup Potion only has one major side-effect, and that is it can cause steam to dribble from the patient's ear for several hours," Jenneth answered with a smile and then winked at me.

"Ah, both of you, very good! 10 points to Slytherin!" He says while clapping his hands.

"Alright, that is all for today's lesson. Now I would just like to thank Mister Malfoy and Miss Weasley for helping me out today, so let us clap for them!" He claps both of his hands again then turns to look at us and everyone else started clapping along with him.

After all that clapping all the students got out of the classroom and again, only me and Rose were left behind in the classroom.

"I really am thankful for all your help today," Professor Thruss smiles at us and I smile back.

"It's the least we could do, sir. You've been teaching us for more than 4 years about Potions so we thank you for that." He waves goodbye at us and we both leave the classroom.

"Wow. That was harder than I thought," Rose said when we were out of the classroom and on our way to Herbology.

"Yeah. That potion certainly wasn't the easiest one to brew," I say, smiling at her.

"Do you think it's odd that you and I are dating, we're both assistants to our Potions teacher, and we both have the same classes?" Rose asks me while walking down the corridors.

"A bit, I guess. I mean, at least we get to hang out all the time," I smirk at her and she blushes.

"Not all the time. We still have our O.W.L.'s this year, remember? I have to study."

"Fifth year just started! You're studying that early?" I ask her while laughing a little bit.

"What? My mom did that too when she was young and she passed the test."

"Wait, speaking of your mom. She knows about us..." I tell her with a worried look.

"It's okay. Mum put the fights with your dad and my parents behind her. It's my dad we should worry about..."

"We'll just have to keep it a secret for now," I tell her with a smile and she nods.

"Now, come on! I don't wanna be late for any class today," she started running away from me, but I followed quickly behind her, watching as her long, red hair was flying all over. I couldn't help but smile at myself as I realized that I'm dating this smart and beautiful girl. 

I feel like the luckiest guy in the world to have her.