||Vikuri Business AU||

Start from the beginning

"Oh... Thank you. I um, should get going. JJ would kill me if I didn't get this in on time." Yuri stood up then, reaching out his hand even with his eyes down, ready to shake Mr. Nikiforov's hand.

"Right, of course. It was nice to spend some time with you, Yuri. Hope we can do it again soon." Viktor shook his hand and gave him a wink before leaving the meeting room.

The rest of the day, Yuri felt light headed, finding it hard to believe that he got to be around Viktor that long, and then got to talk to him! All the girls would be jealous if they knew. Not that he would tell anyone. He wanted to keep this to himself.

As the weeks went on, Yuri seemed to see a lot more of Mr. Nikiforov. He came down a lot more to Yuri's floor, checking up on the employees and sometimes to just hang out. Yuri thought it weird but didn't think too much of it. He truly liked seeing a lot more of Viktor so he didn't complain. His only true complaint was that he still didn't get to speak to Viktor a whole lot. Not when most of the floor gathered around him as if he was a boy band star and they were his groupies. Everyone wanted to be on his good side.

A few days later, Yuri found himself in the copy room. He was doing a printing job when he heard a familiar Russian voice behind him.

He jumped, papers flying out of his hands as he spun around and saw Viktor leaning against the doorframe.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" Victor apologized, getting down on the floor to pick up the papers that had fallen.

It took Yuri a few moments to regain himself, calming his breath and heartbeat down. Though, his heart beat would never go down much when Viktor was around.

"It's fine, really," Yuri eventually said, getting down on the floor as well to pick up the papers.

They both reached for the same piece of paper then, their hands touching. Yuri pulled his hand away, blushing.

Viktor chuckled, "It's almost like your scared of me. Always so tense when I'm around," He teased, looking up into Yuri's eyes.

Yuri felt his face burn up under the other man's stare, "I- um. Not scared," was all he could muster out.

Viktor chuckled again, "If you say so."

The two finished picking up the papers, Viktor handing his pile back to Yuri.

"I only came in here to say that there is going to be an office party happening tonight. I'm sure you've heard about it. I was wondering if you were going?" It was Viktor's turn to be shy, staggering over his words a bit as he spoke.

"Oh. No, I don't really go to those things. I either stay sober and have no fun or get drunk and have too much fun." Yuri laughed.

Viktor looked disappointed now, pouting a bit, "But it'll be so much fun. And I never see you at these things. You must go!"

"I didn't know you cared so much about me being there," Yuri mumbled, looking down at his feet.

"Oh, well, I um," Viktor rubbed the back of his head, "I care about all my employee's. I'd like to see them all there!"

"So, you're going to talk to Otabeck about him never going to those things as well?" Yuri smirked.

"Otabeck?" Viktor questioned, "Right! Otabeck," He said but still seemed unsure of himself.

"I'll see about going. But I need to get back to work now." Yuri said with a sly smile, a little more confidence in his walk as he passed Viktor.

"Good, great," Viktor mumbled to himself, being left in the copy room alone now.