9. Burgers, Fries and the 'Boss'

After that dick apologized to me my stomach rumbled and I patted it saying, "Don't worry, I'll get you some food soon all right?" I look up and around, trying to find Jake he better deliver on his lunch deal cause I'm starvin', I finally found him where I left him, and I walk over to him. "So, Jake, when is lunch around here and does your 'boss' usually grin like a complete and total fool?" the guy, who I assume is the boss, started to sputter, but I interrupted him with, "Peasant! Bring me to food this instant!" pointing at Jake. He sighed and shook his head, turning around he walked out of the garage, me trailing behind with my nose snottily in the air.

We pulled into the diner parking lot, with Jake muttering something about her, God, and his mustang. I rolled my eyes, pulled the key out the ignition and got out almost slamming the door behind me. I stuff the keys into my pocket, as I walk through the glass door of the diner. I call out a greeting to Bob as I slide into a booth that already held Tommy and Tanner, we greet each other and I start to scan the menu.

Jake, with Al and Ollie behind him, finally come in, they must have convinced him to finally stop death gripping the door handle and praying to any and all gods about his mustang remaining undamaged. So I went a little fast but that baby wanted to roar, so I let her out of her cage for a little bit, but Jake was being a tad overprotective. They all piled in the booth to where the only empty seat was next to me. I rolled my eyes and continued to read the menu.

The 'boss' slid into the seat next to me, and the guys tried to cox him into the conversation but they were ignored. Darlene came up to us and practically squealed, "Oh! Axle you're back!"

The tips of his ears turned red and he said in deep, rumbling, sexy voice, "Hey Aunt Dar. Yeah, we got back early this morning."

"How was the meeting?" she asked, clearly when she wanted to shoot the breeze all day, she could.

"It was okay. I don't know why Da forces me to come, I'm dead bored through it all and I'm missing school," he answered back, he clearly was unable to crush her fantasy.

"Excuse me, can I go to the restroom?" I said tapping Axle's shoulder, he whipped around at the first touch and nodded dumbly. He got up and I quickly scooted out and ran up to the window to see Bob manning the griddle. I smiled when I heard Penny Lane blasting from a small radio in the corner. "Hey," I smiled.

He whirled around and smiled when he saw me. "Hey lil' Darlin how was work?"

"It was awesome! I can finally work with engines!" I exclaimed extremely happy, at his raised eye brow I explained, "I was basically hero worshipped in Daytona because I was 'Dean Thompson's daughter' like I had more knowledge cause my dad was famous. Besides Darlene is over there shooting the breeze with Axle and I'm starvin'."

"Oh, so you only want some food," he said, raising an eyebrow.

I grinned sheepishly and said, "My first loyalty will always be to food, but I like you enough too."

He laughed while shaking his head, and said, "What can I get for you, lil' darlin?"

"Six burgers with some fries please," I requested.

"Alrighty, coming up," he answered getting some raw hamburger meat from a freezer and slapping them on the griddle. "Darlene should be getting your drink orders and deserts pretty soon."

"I plan on getting two slices of your delicious chocolate cake since Jake is buying me lunch for an apology," I informed him, "I'll see ya later Bob." I walked back to our table seeing he was busy frying up the burgers and fries. Darlene still hadn't stopped talking to Axle when I got back little surprise there. I quickly scooted around and made Axle scoot to the space previously occupied by me, I swear I could hear a growl coming from his throat. I whipped my head to face him and snapped my mouth open to ask, when he said, "Aunt Dar, I'm going to see you tonight, but right now the boys and I are wolfishly hungry....."

He trailed off and before I knew she was rushing to get our orders. I rolled my eyes again. The conversation quickly resumed, and I learned that although Axle was 'boss' he was just as much part of the group. I stayed mostly silent, observing trying to find my place in the new hierarchy.

Sorry,sorry,sorry

Pleasevoteandcomment

Thanks!