Badass Princesses

"WAKE UP, NYX! NYYYYYYYX!!! WAKE! UP! LAZY HEAD! HEEEEEY! WAAAKEEEEEEEE UP!!! RISE AND SHINE!! UP AND AT 'EM! IF I'M AWAKE THEN SO ARE YOU!! COME ON!! IT'S TIME TO SUFFER AND TO GO TO HELL!!!!! HURRY UP!!!!"

Nyx's hand was on her bat before she opened her eyes. She jumped out of bed frantically, a swear leaving her lips. She looked around her room quickly as the screeching continued. After several moments, she realized that the tortuous sound was coming from her phone. She glared at it and turned the alarm off. She swore even more viciously. Stiles had changed the usual sound of her alarm for his hideous screeching.

That would cost him dearly. Especially since it was the first day back at school.

As Nyx tried to slow her racing heartbeat, she reached out to take her glasses from her beside table. After a moment of looking for them, she remembered she lost them in the woods when the deer came. She groaned. How was she supposed to drive to school now if she didn't have her glasses?

The day had barely even begun and she already knew it would be a horrible one.

Grabbing her phone and setting down the bat on her bed, she walked slowly to the bathroom, her fingers typing out a very colorful message detailing the specifics of Stiles' murder. It probably had a lot of spelling errors due to her horrible sight. In the end, she decided against sending it, instead going for the "subtle and silent" approach for her revenge.

Her morning routine was done in a half-minded state. Between being severely sleep-deprieved, in pain, and half blind, it was a miracle she even managed to do what she needed to.

Even though she didn't want them to, her thoughts kept drifting back to the beast with the glowing eyes and the howl they heard on the road. Nyx shivered. If Scott hadn't pushed her aside and told her to run, she might've been attacked as well. The wild beast would've ended her life if it hadn't been for Scott's help, and she was eternally grateful for that. However, she decided she would've gladly traded places with him if it meant that Scott wouldn't have gotten hurt so badly.

After walking home for a really long time, she and Scott went to his house to do an inventory of their injuries. She cleaned and bandaged Scott's horrible wound, which she knew was killing him with pain even though he insisted he was fine, and he helped with her back and head. She would do it again if given the choice, but she hated the fact that it took so long, because it meant that she got little to no sleep. Her normal energy level was close to zero. She was running solely on nerves and the anxiety of being late for the first day of school.

Turning off the music she'd had to help her wake up, she grabbed her bag for school and walked down the stairs slowly, yawning.

"Good morning." She mumbled to her mom as she walked into the kitchen. Nyx's mother smiled gently at her.

"Good morning, sweetie. I made breakfast for you, and the coffee is ready for you in your cup." Nyx's mother, Elizabeth, greeted her. Nyx smiled back, relieved. At least she didn't have to make breakfast herself before going to school.

"Thanks, Mom. You're the best." Nyx told her. She sat down to enjoy her breakfast, mind still in the dark woods, fighting to keep a hold of her best friend while the beast chewed on his side, her panic robbing her of her voice. Elizabeth narrowed her eyes at her daughter's behavior.

"How late did you stay up yesterday?" She asked accusingly, frowning in a disapproving fashion. Nyx's head snapped up, heart racing at the thought of being caught. She shrugged nonchalantly, barely managing to conceal a wince of pain when she moved her back.

"Dunno. Couldn't sleep. The anxiety and nerves. Y'know how I get." The teen responded vaguely. She decided that continuing this topic would not work out in her favor. "So, where are the keys to the car?"