Chapter 8

During math, I couldn't stop thinking about what would happen that night. My first date ever. I smiled and doodled something in my book, I just couldn't concentrate. I looked over at Scott on the other side of the classroom, he caught me staring and winked at me. I blushed and immediately looked down. The things that boy does to me. 

Next class was economics, again a class with Scott. When I was walking towards the classroom, I felt a presence next to me. It was Scott.

"Ready for tonight? I'll pick you up at 6:30 okay?"

I didn't know what to say, so I just remained silent and nodded while a blush made a way to my cheeks.

"Aww. Is little Mitchy blushing?" Scott teased while he nudged my side.

"Stop it!" I laughed and gave him a gentle push.

When Scott thought nobody was looking, he pressed a kiss to my cheek. This only caused me to blush even more. 

When we were in the classroom, Scott got caught up by attention of his "popular" friends again. I silently went to my usual table and sat down. The class was going as usual. I just worked alone and stared at Scott. The only thing that was going differently was that Scott didn't get in trouble today and I liked to think that was because he didn't want to get grounded on our date night.

The rest of the day was pretty boring, since I only had math and economics with Scott on Fridays.

When I got home I threw my bag somewhere in the living room and grabbed something to drink. I went upstairs and jumped on my bed. I heard my notification sound going off and opened my phone. I got a message from an unknown number.

Unknown: I know what's going on between you and Scott.

Uknown: *image attached*

It was a picture of Scott kissing my cheek this morning.

Unknown: If you don't want this to leak, you should stop seeing him.

U: Who even are you?

Unknown: No need to know

U: Whatever

It was probably a stupid joke, so I thought nothing of it. Nothing could destroy my happy mood right now. That person wouldn't actually do that, right? I shut my phone off and hopped into the shower. 

I paid very good attention to my appearance after my shower. I made sure I was wearing decent clothes, I made sure my hair looked perfect and I made sure I smelled nice. I even put on a little bit of make-up, cause I think it looks nice on me. 

I looked in the bathroom mirror when I was done getting ready, and I was satisfied with what I saw. I smiled at myself, but suddenly felt a wave of nerves fly through my stomach. 

Would Scott like what he saw? Would he think the make-up is too much? Did he even still want to go on a date anymore? What if that mysterious person would actually leak that photo?

Before I could think anymore of those thoughts, I shut myself up. I wouldn't allow myself to think like that anymore. Scott said himself that he really liked me and I trust him. I also tried to not think about those mysterious messages.I flicked my bathroom light off and walked downstairs.

"You look fancy! Where are you going?" My mom said to me when she looked up from her place on the couch.

"Oh, I have a date tonight." I said blushing a little

"No way. A date?"

"Yes"

"Is it with that Scott boy?"

"Yes it is mom." I said clearly very uncomfortable

"Oh my god! I'm so happy for you! Mike come see your son!"

Could this get any worse? My dad came into the living room as well and my mom explained to him where I was going tonight.

"Son, I'm very happy for you. But please make sure you're safe, okay?

"Oh my god, seriously? I'm with a boy from school, not a murderer!"

"You never know honey." My dad said while he pet me on the shoulder. 

I rolled my eyes but remained silent. Suddenly the doorbell rang. My heart began beating ten times faster, while I walked to the door. I did a last mirror check and opened the door. 

"Hey Scott." 

"Hey, beautiful."

I immediately blushed and looked at my feet. He chuckled but said nothing. 

"I'll go grab my jacket, I'll be right back." I said to Scott. 

I ran back inside the house to grab my jacket and when I came back I saw my dad talking with Scott. I mentally cursed and quickly made my way over to them.

"I'll have him back by ten mr. Grassi." 

"That's alright, Scott."

"Thank you mr. Grassi. I won't disappoint you."

"Oh come on dad, don't scare him away." I said to my dad while rolling my eyes. 

Scott laughed at that and stuck his arm out to, so I could link my arm with his.

I did just that and walked towards his car. When I looked over my shoulder, I saw that my dad had closed the door. I let go of Scott's arm and went over to the passenger side of the car. Now our date has officially started.