O N E

"Katherine Walker, falling asleep in class wouldn't be a good way to start your school year, now would it?" My teachers voice woke me from my sleepy state, and I sat up quickly, fixing my hair as I looked around the room embarrassed. 

"My apologies, ma'am" I apologized quietly, giving her a small smile. There was a snicker in the back of the room, and I turned to see Nathan looking at me with a smug look on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him before turning in my seat just as the teacher walked away. I leaned back in my seat and tried to focus on the teacher, but I could feel eyes burning in the back of my head and it was super distracting. It was my second week of school, and I was already so tired of coming to this class. The teacher talked so much about literally anything she can think of and it made me want to duck tape her mouth closed. 

"Finally, im so hungry" Angel complained, rubbing her stomach. It was lunch time and we had agreed to meet at my locker so we could walk to lunch together. I laughed and shook my head at her as we made our way to lunch. Over the past 2 weeks I've gotten pretty close with her and the girls. "How was class with Luke?" She laughed, causing me to internally roll my eyes. 

"I literally feel him staring at me all class and its so uncomfortable I could puke." I complained. I like Luke, but he just stares at me so much it makes me uncomfortable and its honestly just so creepy. Yeah, he is hot as hell but that doesn't give him an all access pass to stare at me everytime we're in the same damn room, its creepy. "I think I need to talk to him about it because its getting ridiculous." 

"What is?" Luke asked, walking towards us with a smile. I looked at Angel and she laughed, walking away from us and into the lunchroom. 

"Luke, listen.. you have to stop staring at me so much, its kind of creepy. Okay? Okay good talk, see you at lunch." I smiled and walked away quickly, silently praying he didn't hate me after that. I stormed over to Angel who was looking at me with a im-sorry-im-not-sorry face. "You're an ass for making me do that alone." I scolded her, and she laughed holding her hands up. Everyone finally came to the table, including Luke who glanced my way before sitting down at the end of the table, away from me. I bit my lip and looked at Angel, who offered me an apologetic smile. I kind of felt bad for saying that to Luke, perhaps I could have been a bit nicer.

"Have you guys seen Kyle today? He looks hot." Amber said, smirking at Angel. I rolled my eyes and opened my bag of Doritos, this was probably going to be the only thing I eat today. Angel has liked Kyle for awhile, and Amber always gives her shit for never talking to him. I thought it was pretty weird, Angels super nice and Kyle's a dick. How could she like someone like him?

"Look, there he is." We all turned around to look at the 3 guys that just walked through the doors. My eyes locked on Nathan, he was talking to Kyle Mills about something. He reached up and ran a hand through his hair, a slight smile evident on his gorgeous face. Jason whispered something to him, and his head snapped towards my table, his eyes meeting mine. I quickly turned around, and hit Angel so she'd do the same. "They're coming over here, oh god why are they coming over here?" Nat groaned, rolling her eyes. I started to fake laugh, so they'd think we were talking about something funny. Everyone at my table looked at me weirdly, but I ignored it. I could feel the presence of someone behind me, so I turned around to see Nathan and his boys. 

"Staring won't get you anywhere, penguin." He said, a smirk on his face. 

"Neither will that bad smell." I remarked, a smirk on my face as well. He clenched his jaw as he narrowed his eyes at me, it was obvious he has anger issues.

"Don't you think you should cut back on the chips, Katherine? Here buy yourself a salad." Kyle laughed, throwing a dollar bill at me. I looked down at the bag of Doritos in my hand, and took a deep breath. I wouldn't let them see that his comment bothered me. I looked up at him and smiled sweetly.

"I think you need this, maybe you can save up and buy a personality." I stood up and tucked the dollar in his jacket pocket, "Then maybe you'll be good enough to talk to me." I walked away, feeling the tears come to my eyes. The moment I was out of the cafeteria I ran to the bathroom, letting the tears fall. I looked in the mirror at my reflection, disgusted with what I saw. I walked in one of the stalls, and leaned over the toilet, allowing myself to puke out all the chips I had ate. When I was done, I cleaned out my mouth with water and leaned against the wall, taking a deep breath. I had promised my brother that I wouldn't do this anymore, but it wasn't that easy. Kyle was right, I should cut back on eating.

I walked out of the bathroom just as the bell rang. I walked down the hall to my class, sitting in the back for today. Nobody ever sits back here, and nobody I know is in this class, or so I thought. Nathan walked in with Jason to his left, and they both stride over to the back. 

"I didn't know you were in this class." I said to him, staring at him rudely as he sat on my right, and Jason to my left. I looked around for another seat, but by now all the seats were full and the bell had just wrong. 

"We usually skip this class." Jason informed me, and I nodded silently. I had never heard him talk before, or even seen him talk other than today. He was always quiet with a blank expression, Nathan was to but he at least talked sometimes. Kyle was the exact opposite, his mouth was always open. The teacher walked in, and started to talk about what we were doing today. I sighed and rested my head on the palm of my hand, bored. I had already done everything that this school is doing in my last school. My old school was way ahead of this one. "Are we too boring for you?" Jason joked, and I slowly looked at him with a weird expression on my face. 

"Why are you talking to me?" I suddenly asked, and he frowned. "I'm not trying to be rude, its an actual question." I told him, and he glanced over my head at Nathan.

"I just felt bad for what Kyle said, he shouldn't have said that." Jason apologized for his friend, and I unconsciously grabbed my stomach under the desk.

"Its fine honestly, it didn't bother me at all." I shrugged, a small smile on my face. He nodded and turned to the front. I glanced at Nathan who was staring at me like he was trying to figure me out. I pinched my nose and smirked, causing him to roll his eyes and look away.