Eighteen

Auston's POV- February 2017

I watched as Maddy smiled at the waiter who placed a plate of sushi in front of her. She was done with her errands, which was the reason she was in Toronto. I was thrilled when Maddy told me that she got a full ride to the Nursing program at the University of Toronto, and I was ecstatic when I learned she had chosen the program. That's right, Maddy was coming to Toronto. She had officially confirmed it on her instagram with a post, 

maddymart: I can finally say that I've been admitted to the Masters program in Nursing at the University of Toronto and will be attending there this fall #Classof2020

"Thank you!"

He smiled at her before placing my plate of sushi in front of me. 

"Sprite for the young man, and a Margarita for the young lady"

We thanked him and I turned to Maddy once the guy was gone. 

"So you're done for now?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Yeah, I just need to get my workers visa approved"

"What about living arrangements?" I questioned.

"I actually talked to Will about this already"

I bit the inside of my cheek as I felt a wave of jealousy hit me. There was no reason for me to be jealous though, Willy would never betray me like this.

"I didn't know you talk with Will" I stated.

"Yeah, he and Kasperi need a roommate. The rent is reasonable and I was actually going to ask you if we could drop by so I could check the place out"

She took a sip of her margarita and leaned back.

"It's convenient"

Willy and Kappy lived close to the campus. I knew this because Willy always said that Kappy had a thing for college girls.

"From what I know, Kappy is a total slob" I informed her.

That got a laugh from her. Kappy was a total slob and the only reason their place stayed clean was because Willy was a clean freak. The reason I knew this was because Willy was pretty vocal about it.

"Oh I know that, Will told me what I was getting myself into"

I began eating my sushi.

"Alex wanted me to ask you, but your complex doesn't allow pets"

"So you're bringing Poppy" I said.

I had yet to meet her orange tabby kitten.

"Kasperi and Will aren't allergic, so Poppy will be coming to Toronto with me" 

"My lease actually ends in August, and I don't know if I'm renewing it" I admitted.

"I did not know that"