Three

Madeline's POV- November 2016

It was nice to be home even if it was just for a couple of days. I spent a month in California this past summer, and the rest in Arizona.

"I forgot to ask, did you send in your Grad school apps?"

Grad apps were done the first week of December and March, but I sent them in early. The application process had been incredibly stressful, and I was hoping it would be rewarding. 

"Yeah, I sent them all in last week" I replied.

Mom smiled.

"I'm sure you'll get positive responses from the programs you applied to. They're going to be lucky to have you"

She squeezed my shoulder.

"Right honey?"

Michael, my step dad glanced up from his phone and nodded.

"You're going to do great in any program that you choose"

"Fingers crossed" I told them.

I smiled as my twin siblings, Nathan and Noah made their way over.

"Good game guys" I stated.

The twins played baseball. 

"When do you go back?"

"Monday" I replied.

Nate was a pitcher, Noah was an infielder.

"I want to see how hard that throw has gotten" I replied.

He smiled and nodded.

"You promised we'd get yogurt after"

I looked at Noah as he adjusted his baseball cap. His uniform was completely covered in dirt, which was normal of him. They were twelve years old and incredibly active boys.

"We should disinfect that" I told him.

He looked at his scraped forearm and nodded.

"Then we can get yogurt?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Of course" I said.

Nate happened to be closer to me, so he was the first to get hugged. I kissed his cheek and squeezed him.

"I have a feeling the next time I see you both, you'll be taller than me" I stated.

"You'll be here for New Years, right?"

I nodded and let go of Nate to hug Noah. Both of them hit a growth spurt, and had gained weight as well as height. I was certain they'd be taller then me in the next few months.

"Let's go home, so you two can shower. You both stink" I said.

Mom nodded agreeing  with me. The drive home, was quick and the twins were quick in showering. Michael let me borrow his car, and a compromise was made. Noah would ride back in the passenger seat because Nate rode in the passenger side on our way there. 

"Are your classes hard?"

"Kinda, but I'm trying my best" I replied.

They both nodded.

"What about you two?" I asked.

I watched as they both looked at each other, and Noah signaled for Nate to talk first.

"We have a test on Wednesday, for math"

"You two are good at math, I'm sure you'll do fine" I told them.