Seventeen

Madeline's POV- February 2017

I yawned as I read through the email my mom had sent me. Money was not an issue in my family, both my parent were doctors and were well off. They would have paid for my undergrad if I had not been offered an athletic scholarship. Toronto was offering me an academic scholarship, something that was offered to second year students because of the GPA I currently held (3.8). I had been accepted by all seven programs I had applied to. Only two programs were offering me scholarships, USC and Toronto. Like my dad had said, the decision was a no brainer. I committed to the University of Toronto about two weeks ago, and now here I was in Toronto to get some paper work I would need when applying for a workers visa. 

"Knock knock"

I closed my laptop and set it on the floor just as the door opened.

"I thought you'd be asleep"

I smiled at Auston as he peaked into the room.

"I did promise you I'd wait up for you" I replied.

He was still dressed in his suit, so he had literally just gotten back.

"Let me change real quick"

I nodded and reached for my phone. I had three unread texts from my mom, Manny, and Alex.

Mom

Just got out of work. Glad to know you're safe in Toronto. I'm going to reheat some dinner and watch your game. Check your email!

Manny 

Have fun in Toronto! 🍸🍸🍸 Drink lots for me.

Alex

I got to say, your ass looks great in that uniform. 😍

🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑

I laughed and set my phone aside as the door opened.

"You had a game tonight, right?"

I nodded.

"What was the score?"

"6-0" I replied.

"Nice"

I smiled and scoot away from him as he climbed up on the bed.

"We played like shit tonight"

He lied down and closed his eyes.

"How's school?"

I reached over him and shut the light off.

"I'm almost done with my two thesis papers" I answered.

"I expect a copy of each"

I lied down and shifted on my side.

"I don't have practice, so I'll be your driver tomorrow"

"How nice of you" I said.

"What time do you have to be on campus?"

"Before 3PM" I replied.

"Good, we get to sleep in"

I laughed.

"Can you massage my hand?"

The room wasn't pitch black, so I was able to reach for his hand. I took his large hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Your hand is a lot softer than I thought" I noted.

"You've thought about holding my hand?"

I rolled my eyes and smiled as he groaned when I let go of his hand.

"Massage your own hand" I told him.

"I was kidding"

"Sure you were" I stated.

"Partially"

I took his hand and began massaging it.

"When do you head back?"

"Friday morning, I've got a game" I answered.

He shifted on his side.

"That sucks that you can't stay longer"

"You're going to get tired of me in a few months" I joked.

"I could never get tired of seeing you"

I smiled  and continued massaging his hand. About a minute into the massage I glanced up when I heard a light snore come out of his mouth. I nudged him earning a hum in response.

"Let's get you on your side, you're already snoring" I told him.

He shifted on his side and I continued massaging his hand. His hand was huge, it made my normal sized hand look tiny. I glanced at his face when I noticed his breathing had deepened. I carefully let go of his hand, and leaned against the pillow. I closed my eyes, and quickly fell asleep. 

A/N: We have reached the halfway point of this story and it looked like Maddy will be going to school in Toronto, but does that mean she'll give Auston a chance?