ch. 2

TESSAS POV
(OUTFITS ABOVE)
I opened the door to let Ally in. She dashed in and started to go through my closet. She pulled out a floral dress.
"Here. Put this on! I have some shoes that will match your dress lemme go get them!" Ally said excitedly. I changed into the floral dress and looked at my reflection in the mirror. My hair looked terrible. I quickly turned on my curler when Ally ran in.
"Here! Put these on." She tossed me some pink heels with the heel part being clear. I put them on and sat down to do my hair.
"No, Tess I swear you suck at curling your hair lemme do it." Ally ran over to do my hair. She was obsessed with doing dress up. When we were kids she always did fashion shows. In my thoughts I didn't realize she had finished my hair. I looked at it.
"Al, how did you-"
"No magician shares their secrets now go pick out my outfit." She cut me off. I laughed at her giddiness. I ran to her room and picked out a black and white polka-dot dress. I saw some red heels and grabbed them. I gave the outfit to her and she ran to go change. When she came back she looked gorgeous.
"Al since you did my hair I do yours!" I told her. She gave me a dreadful look.
"No Tee please!" She said jokingly. She called me Tee because when she was younger she couldn't say Tessa. I called her Al just because it was quicker. She reluctantly let me do her hair and when I finished it actually looked good. It was a curled ponytail with a big red bow on the side.
"Woah! Not bad!" Ally said. I smiled and pushed her out of the seat so I could do my makeup. I put on pink lipstick for the final effect.
"Should I do bright red lipstick or a gloss?" Ally asked while holding up a tube of sheer lip gloss and a stick of red lipstick.
"Use your lipstick! Give me back my lip gloss!" I snatched the gloss from her. She always takes my stuff. I gave her a look that said "do-it-again-and-I-will-kill-you".
"Chill out! Ooh! I need one last finishing touch for our outfits." She said then went back to her room. I sat on my chair looking at myself in the mirror. I looked actually good for once. Ally ran in holding two necklaces, one was yellow with flowers and the other had jewels on it.
"This should go well with your look. These are mom's I stole them, don't tell." She handed me the yellow flower one. I put it on and twirled around.
"We look.... actually good!" I said clapping my hands. She agreed then looked at the clock.
"We got fifteen minuets till the movie lets get going." Ally said grabbing my wrist and pulling me out the door.
"You ready?" I asked her with slight concern. She paused as she turned on the car.
"I. Lets be honest, we're both nervous. I just hope nothing bad happens and we can just enjoy our first night out." She told me while pulling out of the driveway. I took a big breath.
"Yeah, if this goes well do you think we should do it again?" I asked her another question.
"Definitely. Ever since Bob died for some reason it made me wanna do something. Be someone!" She ranted to me. That's when it hit me.
"Who are we? Are we Socs? Are we greasers?" I asked.
"Tee, we can be whatever we want. Money shouldn't signify who we are but it does. And I think we're seen as Socs. After all, Bob was our brother! I just wish their were just people ya know? As a Soc your a snob. As a greaser your a hood. I wanna be Ally not a Soc or greaser but, whatever." Ally kept driving as she said this. I thought about what she said for a minuet. It made sense. I just shook my head.
"Ally, I think you took a wrong turn." I said while looking around. The houses we passed started getting smaller and people walking around got rougher.
"Um, probably. I have no idea where we are." Ally said worriedly. I shrunk in my seat not wanting to be seen. Oh lord, I hope our car doesn't break down.

JOHNNYS POV

I walked to the Curtis house to get Ponyboy. Tonight we were gonna go to the movies to watch a movie. Maybe I could meet some broads. Eh, a relationship
is too much. I knocked on their door.
"Come in!" I heard a voice that sounded like Darry say. I walked in and saw Dally there too.
"Pony. You ready? The movie starts soon." I asked Ponyboy. Soda walked out of his room and saw me.
"Hey Johnnycakes! Pony is real sick right now bit me and Dal would love to go to the movie." Soda said with his all-famous smile. I grinned, I finally got Soda too see a movie.
"Yeah man, lets go!" I said.
"What movie?" Dally asked while standing up. I told him what the movie was and he hesitantly agreed. We were walking to the movies when I noticed a blue mustang.
"Guys we gotta Mustang right there. Maybe we should turn around." I said nervously. I wasn't feeling like getting jumped.
"Nah man Socs learned their lesson at the rumble plus I gotta switch blade" Dally assured me. I tried to see who was driving and it looked like girls. The car stopped and the two girls driving got out if the car walking towards us. I slowly started to make out their faces. It was Tessa and Alison! They both had real pretty outfits and I felt a little underdressed.
     "Uh is that you Johnny?" Allison asked.
"Yeah its me Alison. What are you guys doin' over here?" I asked. I saw Darry looking Tess up and down and for some reason I felt a pang of anger.
"Well... we're lost. You can call me Ally,Johnny" She told me. I nodded my head and was about to answer when Soda beat it to me.
"Where ya heading beautiful?" He said while winking. Of course, Soda was his flirty self. Ally started to blush, she definitely had something for him the moment she laid eyes on him.
"The umm movies. Can you show me where it is?" Ally asked Soda.
"Only if you give me a ride in that tuff car you got." Soda said. Dally seemed to like this idea already heading towards the car.
"Sure! Um I hope you don't mind its Bobs old car now that he's ya know dead." Ally said with no sympathy for Bob.
"Wait. Your his sister?" Dally asked. Ally looked scared of him. She wasn't answering.
"Yes we are. Trust me, we're happy Johnny killed him. He was a jerk at home too." Tess finally spoke up. I gotta admit, there was something about Tess I was attracted to.
"Alright. By the way, I'm Dallas. Call me Dally though." Dally said to both of them. They nodded their heads.
"And my name is Sodapop. Yes, that's my real name. But since I like you guys, you can call me Soda." He told them. We got to their car and Ally got in the drivers seat and Tess in the passenger. I sat in the middle of Dal and Soda. Soda sat behind Ally so he could give her directions. Finally we made it to the movie.
"Thanks Soda, your a good navigator." Ally said shyly.
"No problem." Soda said to her. Ally and Tess made us not pay and they paid for us. I felt relieved since I had no money. We sat down and we had missed the first ten minuets of the movie. I sat on the top bench and Tess came to sit with me.
"Hey." She said as she sat next to me. I looked over at her.
"Hi. Ever seen this movie?" I asked.
"No... I have never seen a movie actually." She said shyly. I saw her face get a little red after she said this.
"Hey, theres no reason to be ashamed. It's fine." I told her putting my hand on her shoulder. My whole
body tingled when I touched her.
"Thanks. I'm glad I got to see my first movie with you your actually really sweet." She told me. I blushed.
"Well, its an honor to be a gorgeous girls first movie date." I said. I realized what I just said.
"Date? I thought we were just watching a movie I didn't know-" I cut her off.
"No! Thats not what I meant, I meant that, ugh never mind." I said. I hated myself sometimes.
"Oh, I get it. Sorry for freaking out." Tess told me.
"Well I mean if you want it to be a date... it can be."
I told her. Maybe that was too rushed. Why would she date a person who killed her brother?
"Well. I haven't ever been on a date. What do you do?" she asked. I gathered up the courage to do something totally dumb.
"This." I told her then gently kissed her for a couple
of seconds. She didn't kiss back, crap. I pulled back.
"Johnny! You!" She laughed. Why was she laughing? I kissed her without permission.
"You stole my first kiss!" She told me. She playfully punched me on the arm. Not the reaction I excepted it to be.
"Nobody ever kissed you?" I asked.
"No, Johnny this is my first time being out of my house in forever! Apart from school of course." She told me.
"Well, can I be honest? That was my first kiss too." I said. She looked at me surprised.
"Can I be honest too? I liked it." Tess smiled. I smiled back. Thank god.
"You didn't kiss back!" I told her.
"Is that what Im supposed to do?" She asked me. I laughed. This girl.
"Yeah. I thought you were gonna slap me." I said truthfully. She shook her head.
"Never. How can I harm your cute little face!" She told me, pinching my cheeks. I laughed again, nobody made me laugh. Like I said, theres something about her.

SODAPOPS POV

I walked in with Ally at the movies. I saw an empty bleacher so we sat there. Johnny and Tess moved to the top bench. So now it was me, Dal, and Ally.
"Well I think that's one of Sylvia's friend over there. Bye." Dally said then left. Of course, Dally always hits on other broads at the movies. I was surprised he didn't go for Ally. Ally was an angel from heaven. I was happy I could meet her.
"So, you got a man or something?" I asked slyly. Way to go Soda. Now she's gonna think your a creep. Ally was the only girl that made me nervous. Even Sandy didn't make me do this.
"Boyfriend? No! Soda this is my first movie." She tild me.
"First movie!? No way!" I said.
"Yep. I don't go out much." She said nervously.
"Well then I will make it your best." I told her and scooted close to her, grabbing her hand. She looked at our hands then to me. Maybe that was not a good idea. She held my hand back and I felt relieved.
"You being here makes it great already." She tild me while blushing. Did she say what I think she just did?
"Did I just make you blush? I think I did!" I felt happy again. I was really down since Sandy left me.
"Yes. Yes you did." She nodded her head.
"Well, can I make your first movie a date?" I asked her nervously.
"Date!? Soda I haven't been on one! I have no idea what to do!" Ally said with big eyes. Her eyes were the prettiest things I ever saw. She was the prettiest thing I ever saw.
"You just... do romantic things and slowly fall in love with me." I said while smiling. She was laughing while I said this.
"We'll see Soda." She winked at me. I felt butterflies in my stomach. She made me feel like nobody did before.
"Ok, A1." I thought of her new nickname.
"A1!? Where did you find that from?" She giggled. God, her smile was gorgeous.
"Your number one! And your name starts with A!" I told her.
"Ok well I'm gonna call you.... Pepsi!" She said while laughing.
"Creative. I know where you got that from." I said to her. I put my arm around her protectively. I watched the last few minuets of the movie with Ally. Johnny and Tess came down telling us that it was time to leave. I didn't wanna let Ally go.
"Ok. Do we need to give you guys a ride home?" Ally asked us both.
"If it ain't too much of a struggle." Johnny told her.
"Of course not!" Tessa jumped in. I could tell something happened between those two. We walked out to their car and they gave us a ride home.
"Thanks for the ride A1. Maybe I could take you to the Dingo?" I asked Ally.
"Whats a Dingo?" Ally asked back. Johnny and I started laughing.
"Its a restaurant." I said between laughing fits.
"Oh! Right! Ha! Um so what time?" Ally tried to play it cool.
"5! Tomorrow night?" I asked. She nodded her head.
"Hey can me and Tess here make it a double date?"
Johnny asked.
"Sure." I said. Me and Johnny got out and walked to the house.
"Bye Johnny Bye Soda!" The twins said at the same time. Woah. I ran back to the car before they pulled out and gave Ally a kiss. She actually kissed back!
"Hey umm, I kinda wanna go home." I heard Tess say in the back. Ally pulled back slowly smiling at me.
"Bye Pepsi." She whispered in my ear. I felt chills down my spine. I waved good bye and watched them drive away. Holy crap, I'm already falling for someone.