Told to 'Let it go'? (Bullying) || @HurdleAProblem

This edition is written by : Karise-

* * *

(( Frequent phrase used by a person to a bully victim: )) 'Just let it go. It happened, don't let it get to you.'

(( Side note: )) High school students tend to have a lot more bullies than middle school, especially during the last few years in high school, because at that time students are learning to deal with their own emotions and interacting with others.

(( Advice: )) 

When I was in senior high school, the bullying was bad for me as well, mine was health related, though none the less different in terms of them finding something to pick about.

There are many people who feel like they're 'one of those people' who get hated and trashed. The most important thing that I want everyone to know, and understand if you can, is that you are not alone . Yes, I completely and totally understand the feeling of being totally alone and without help.

But that isn't true.

You have your teachers and your friends who are there for support. It might help to tell a teacher, don't out the bully(ies) because that will anger them, but let it be known to your teacher(s) so they might find a way to calm down the bullies without them knowing it.

'People tell me not to let it get to me' is probably one of the worst things to say to someone being bullied because it does get to you . . . That response is either from someone who hasn't experienced being bullied or is being bullied and not willing to face their own problems with bullying. 

Bullying is an emotionally sensitive subject, and it's important to know that because of that it can be hard for people to say something supportive, either because they haven't dealt with it, or they don't want to. This could be one of the reasons they are so abrupt to say 'just ignore it, forget it' because they themselves don't want to think about it.

The best advice is to try and avoid the bullies as much as you can.It's hard since you're still having to pass them in the hall, or lunch-period or class or whatever it is.

But, you are beautiful in your own way. You might have faults, but so do everyone . . . And so do the bullies. The best way to 'fight' back without anyone loosing dignity, is to believe that you are confident in yourself. Remember, those bullies don't have confidence in themselves, they rely on other people's fear to feed their empty-holes.

Embarrass them, and they'll get more angry.

Show them your fear and they'll ask for more.

But show them confidence and they'll be scared to death.

Surround yourself with friends, they won't want to run the risk of picking on you with a large crowd of people on your side and embarrassing themselves if your friends stand up for you. The one thing bullies hate is having their 'cover' let's say, be blown.

Think that you are strong, brave, confident, beautiful and perfect just the way you are, because you are and it will show on the outside.

* * *

If you have any more concerns or would like a Problem solved for next week, feel free to PM HurdleAProblem.

Until then, take care!

~ Stefanie (HurdleAProblem Admin -- written on behalf of the #HurdleAProblem Team)