Chapter 4

"Junglestar was a good leader. He made his mate, Sunwish, his deputy. His sister, Ferretwillow became mates with a tom called Ripplespeck. They had two kits, Shadowkit and Eaglekit. They both grew up quickly and were a handful. There were other kits, like Heatkit, but we will focus on your mother for now. Shadowkit grew up and became an apprentice with Eaglepaw and Heatpaw. I was Shadowpaw's mentor. Sunwish was Eaglepaw's mentor, and Bouldervine was Heatpaw's mentor. They all trained to the best of their ability.

"It was a moon until the three were about to be made apprentices. Now, I'm going to tell you what we all thought happened. Sunwish was found dead one night and the suspect had light brown fur. Ferretwillow and Eaglepaw both had the same colored fur. Junglestar was quick to accuse and believed it was his sister. He threatened to kill them if they did not leave at the moment. Ferretwillow took her mate and two kits with her as they left. They left the clans for good and set up a small camp not far away." Heavyclaw explained the reign of Junglestar and how Shadow became a rouge to the three kits and Smokepaw.

"I can take over now." Smokepaw said making the kits turn their attention to the apprentice.

"What happened when they were all out there?" Silverkit asked as he was shivering with joy. He was so excited to know more about his mother.

"I heard this from my mother. Eaglepaw and Shadowpaw kept their names. So did their parents. The two thought it was a good idea to go and scare a small family of rouges not very far from their camp. They went there but were found out. Eaglepaw was captured first but Shadowpaw tried to run. Night, the leader and my father, sent the quickest one in his family after the female. That was Mud. He could barely keep up with the female but he did. He didn't want to fight her though. His brother, Brown, came and attacked the female. She begged them to let her sister go in exchange for her.

"Night agreed to that. He let Eaglepaw go and she went back to her family. Shadowpaw stayed with them. She changed her name to Shadow and quickly adapted to their life. She was always hanging out with Mud. There was one day the two went out to hunt. They went separate ways. Shadow got attacked by a fox and was saved by Brown but she was out of two moons by blood loss. Mud got attacked by Eagle. He almost died but fell into the river and that river took him to MistClan.

"After two moons, Shadow woke up at a great time. There was only three more nights until I was born. She soon helped Pebble, my older sister, deliver me and my eighteen brothers and sisters. The two she cats also helped raise us. Shadow was more of a mother to me than Pebble or Muddle were." Smokepaw started to explain her family and Shadow.