1 | jack

----

----

The shot echoed in your skull and the proximity to your ears left a ringing sound that replaced even the sound of the sea around you.

You had only just met the new captain you would be serving under, but of course the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow wasn't one to follow the usual greetings of captain to crew.

The shot missed your ear but was close enough that you weren't sure if he was meant to miss or not. You watched him out of the corner of your eye as he blew the smoke from his pistol all without breaking his eye contact with you.

You wanted to look away but you knew very well that you couldn't. It was Captain Jack. Even the name begged for your attention and you had been thinking about the pirate ever since you first heard tales of him.

He took his time as he walked towards you,his boots echoed on the wood panels of the Black Pearl and they groaned in his wake. The man only stopped when he was so close to you that his hat brushed your skin.

He wiped the corner of his mouth with his ringed fingers and they curved into a smile. It was mischievous, it was genuine; it sent you over the edge.

"Next time," He whispered, his eyes flicked down to your lips and back again, "I won't miss."

"Aye Captain," You replied but your voice came out hoarse. You cleared your throat despite your reddening cheeks, "Aye Captain."

"Call me Jack." His hands still lingered near his mouth and he scratched his beard as the corner upturned into a smirk.

"Captain Jack then."

"Aye sailor." Jack responded with a wink.