Jasper's mine! And until the day I die, I would spend my time loving, protecting and pampering my beautiful mate. No one will ever lay a harmful hand on what is mine.

As soon as the words left my mouth, Kira's eyes darted from the pale masterpiece before us to the surrounding wall and window.

'Sorry, he's just... Really, really pretty,' she apologized, looking at the floor.

'I know,' I smirked knowingly. I trailed my eyes to where Jasper was standing no longer flustered but shuffling awkwardly.

It was then that I realized Kira and I conversing mentally through the link was actually creating an awkward silence.

"So what brings you to the kitchen, Kira?"

"Just a snack. Landon and I were going to watch a movie. I finally talked him into watching a horror flick. You know how he is. He's such a pansy..."

"Oh really? What one?"

"It's a thriller slash horror slash mystery movie called Death By Daggers. It's about a Crime scene investigator who makes games out of hunting people and then cutting them up before eating them. It's supposedly fantastic and got, like, four and a half stars plus great reviews for gory, intense scenes. Want to join?"

I looked at my mate who looked distraught by the possibility of watching humans being viciously cut apart and let that speak for him.

"Naw, Jasper and I are just getting dinner then we're going upstairs to relax..." I trailed off. 'I'm going to wait for him to fall asleep then visit Henry. I have a few questioned as you can imagine.

She nodded briefly then smiled at my mate. "Well, while he's making dinner, I can make Landon wait and if he knows what's good for him, he won't complain one bit so I can keep you company."

A small smile graced his face. "'Kay."

I grinned as I shook my head at Kira's antics and bent to dig around the pots and pans cabinet.

When I found the right pan, I placed it on the stove, listening to their conversation.

~Jasper's POV~

"So, do you like my brother?" Kira probed with her head resting on her hands. Lisa and I were sitting at the island watching Beau glide around the kitchen as he fluently and gracefully picked up this, gathered that and added the ingredients to a pot. I didn't know what he was making but whatever it was, it smelt heavenly.

A warm blush splayed across my cheeks. "He's ah, he's r-really n-n-nice."

I turned slightly from her. Was everyone in Beau's family like this? Perfect? I mean, Beau is the very definition of manliness and gorgeousness with a perfect body, looks that just drew you in and a personality that could melt the arctic with warmth. Then there was Lisa who was absolutely beautiful with her blonde ringlets and bright blue eyes. Her skinned was tanned to perfection without it looking completely face.

A wicked grin took over her pretty face, her blue eyes twinkling with mischievousness. She flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder. "That's not what I meant; I meant, do you find him attractive? Like, would you bang him?"

I guarantee you if I had any liquid in my bone dry mouth, I would have spat it a record length but instead, my breath caught in my throat and I chocked on my own air supply.

I'm such a loser.

"Y-y-y-you s-sho-o-ouldn't ask-k th-that!" I sputtered, my eyes widened to the point my eyes falling out of my head was a possibility.

She simply brushed off my spazz attack and giggled.

"Apparently my brother is... Attractive and desirable to most of my friends, girl or boy. I just want to know what you thing 'cause I think he likes you."

Again, I coughed heavily, needing a large glass of water to quench my dry throat.

"Jas, are you okay?" Beau asked, completely concerned, thus proving his absolute sweetness.

I nodded and watched as he scowled at his sister.

"Is Landon not waiting to be mentally, physically and emotionally abused by you?" He deadpanned, throwing two cans of Pepsi® at her along with two granola bars.

She simply rolled her eyes at his actions and got up before smiling at me and blowing me a kiss. "Goodbye, Jazzykins! It seems as though Beau is tired of not having your one hundred percent attention. I'll just have to snatch you from him later for my questions!"

And with that, she was gone so fast around the corner, it almost gave me whiplash.