Chapter 19

I tripped once more over yet another twig, stumbling slightly. My actions were quick once I got control of my balance and continued running behind Jack. I saw an opening through the green trees of the beach. "To the beach!" Jack yelled back at me. 

"Yes, Jack I see that!" I called back to him, panting. Pushing myself even faster, we pushed our way through the last bit of trees, ducking every branch. I smiled once I saw the beach, running behind Jack who tripped and face planted into the grassy bit. He got up and started beating the bush that tripped him with his sword. I stopped right next to him and shook his shoulder. "That's a bush, Jack. Let's go-JACK LEAVE THE BUSH ALONE COME ON!" I shouted, causing him to come to his senses and look at me. 

"It tripped me!" He argued back pointing at the dismembered bush with the tip of his sword.

"It's a bush, Jack, a bush." I said firmly. He gave me a frustrated pout and slashed it once more before continuing running. "Unbelievable." I whispered to myself before running after him along the beach. The waves crashed onto our feet as we hurried along the sand. The view of giant archway in the rock was growing larger the closer we got to it. Suddenly Jack stopped in front of a pile of grey rocks as I stopped at his side as we both caught our breath.

"Santiago." He breathed to himself, looking at the ship inside the archway. "Once captained by Ponce De Leon." Smiling, he turned his head around as he talked. "Where did you go?" His smile fell when he saw I wasn't behind him.

"Uh I'm right here." I tap his shoulder, looking at him in confusion. He jumped and turned to face me, smiling once more. 

"There you are. Right then." He motioned for me go ahead of him. I nodded and walked without any comment or question but kept my concerns to myself.

~

By the time we reached the ship it was already dark out. I glanced at Jack once we reached the top of the rocks who had his gaze firmly on the abandoned ship. He looked down at me, giving me a firm nod which I returned. Turning his head, he looked at the ship and then down at me, giving a concerned stare.

"Maybe it might be best if you wait here, love." He said softly causing me to wide my eyes.

"What? Why? I'm going with you." I argued firmly.

"I don't think it's safe for you to go in. " He tapped his chin, looking up to  think. Then he looked down at me once an idea struck him. "You could get hurt!" He tried. "I don't want you to get hurt." 

"Thank you, Jack but I can take care of myself. I'm a lot stronger than I look." I gave a small smile before looking up at the ship. 

"Come, come dear. We don't have all day!" I mocked him before climbing up to the ship. What a didn't see what a smile on his face as he watched me climb away. 

~

Jack went up into the ship first, coming through the floors into where I assumed the captain's quarters were. He turned around and helped me up to my feet. "Whoa." I breathed out in astonishment as I looked around. Inside the ship was dark and dusty. All types of treasures were scattered along the floor and inside of things. Jack and I turned to face a dusty, old bed with a skeleton under the covers. 

"Ponce de Leon." Jack said to me.

"Lovely." I replied dryly before a voice called out and made us jump.

"If forty pirates dreamt of forty nights of treasure, it would not match the contents of this room" 

Jack and I turned to face a man who was hiding in the shadows of the room. Jack narrowed his eyes slightly and called out suddenly. "You." A man with a wooden leg came into the light, looking at Jack.