[forty three - understanding, a bucket list, & a sleepover]

Start from the beginning

"I mean, I guess I can understand a little bit. She wants to live it up, do everything she wants, maybe even go a little crazy before she's gone, but... still."

I shrug.

"The only thing we can do is support her and be happy for her, and not worry about the other things. That's all she really wants- for you, and Ethan, and everyone around her to be happy."

Grayson looks over to me and smiles.

"You're right."

I chuckle.

"Besides, it'll be fun getting to help plan the wedding and all." I add.

"And just picture how happy she's going to be, standing on the altar next to Robert, smiling from ear to ear." Grayson laughs.

He throws his arm around my shoulder below my arm around him and squeezes.

"Thanks, Jessica. Without you I am pretty sure I would be freaking out right now."

I smile at him.

"I should go talk to Ethan."

"Yeah. If you need me, just scream."

I laugh, lightly hitting his shoulder.

Grayson helps me up and we walk side by side back into the house. Just as I am about to walk up the stairs to Ethan's bedroom, Grayson taps my shoulder and points to the kitchen.

I peak around the corner and watch as Anne and Robert dance together in the middle of the kitchen, giggling and spinning each other around. Robert dips Anne and she almost falls before regaining her balance, only making Robert and her burst out into laughter even louder than they were before. Robert leans in and pecks her on the cheek in the middle of their dance, making my heart swell. I continue to watch, now with a smile on my face, as Anne suggests that they should turn on some music, but Robert argues that they don't even need any. Anne quickly agrees as she goes to dip Robert, which is pretty hilarious. Robert now acts as the girl in the dance, twirling around on his tip-toes and making Anne dip him every other moment.

I look over to Grayson.

"You know what," he says, fighting back his smile, "I think I understand, now."

-

I lightly knock a couple times on Ethan's door, having no idea what type of mood he will be in.

I hear him walking over from the other side and I step back once he swings the door open. He's shirtless, which never fails to catch me off guard. He's also wearing his signature sweatpants that look good on only him.

He softly smiles when he sees me. His brown hair is messier than usual, and I love it. I can tell he just woke up from a nap.

"You look good, princess." His voice comes out deep and raspy.

His voice alone is enough to make my knees weak.

"Thank you. Tired?" I ask, giggling.

"Very. How could you possibly tell?"

"Eh, lucky guess."

He deeply laughs, leaning his head against the doorframe. He looks absolutely adorable.

"So, I'm sure you heard the news." I am surprised when he brings up the topic.

I nod, trying to be very careful not to make a wrong move.

"Yes, I did. It's a bit... unexpected,"

"Tell me about it."

He turns around and walks back into his room, and I follow behind him.