2 - Pyper

I think I have a schedule worked out. It'll be at the end of this chapter, so stay tuned! Enjoy!!
~

After much consideration, we have come back to walking. Yay. That was sarcasm, by the way. The good thing is, I'm walking by Shiro, so I'm not totally miserable.

I don't try and talk, but take in the scenery around me. The planet is dry and tan, like a desert. It seems to be vast, just a never ending pool of sand. I crouch and take a handful, letting it spill through my fingers slowly. I giggle at the feeling and Shiro notices.

"What's so funny?" He asks, coming over.

"Just the feeling of the sand. Its warm and when I let it flow through my fingers, it tickles. Try it!" I add enthusiastically. He does and chuckles.

"You're right!," He stands and motions for me to do the same, the others having stopped up ahead. "I wonder why it isn't really hot here. It's more cool." I shrug.

"I don't know. It's neat, right!" He laughs.

"Yeah, I guess so." We start walking and I start to just daydream again, staring and taking I every detail. It's surprisingly calming. I'm so lost in thought, I don't even notice Shiro glancing at me every once in a while.

•-•-•

When we finally stop, the sun is about in the middle of the sky. Oddly enough, it's still a little chilly.

I'm hungry again, but I'd rather not be a bother to anyone. I can go a while without food.

"Hey, Pyper," I look up from I sit to see Matt. I smile at him. "I found some extra food I had. It's not much, but we can share it if you want?" He asks.

"But you need it more."

"You need it too! Here." He splits his oatmeal bar and a pack of peanuts between us. He keeps the apple, and gives me the small pack of crackers. I slowly take my share and look at him.

"Thank you. I don't know how I'll make it up to you." He shrugs.

"There's no need. I wanted to do this." I giggle and start eating. I nibble to make it last longer, then realize when I'm just halfway through the first thing, that I ate the last of Shiro's food. I pick up the crackers and a few peanuts and go over to where he's sitting.

"Hold out your hands," He gives me a skeptical look, but complies. I put the goods into his hands and stand back. "Payment for this morning. It's some of the share that Matt gave me." He starts to hand it all back but I tell him no.

"Please, I'm not even hungry!" I can tell he's lying. I shake my head, and go back to Matt before he can decline again.

"Hey, I never did get to thank you for last night. Carrying me and all. I must've been heavy."

"Nope, light as a feather. And it was actually good, I was a little chilly." I giggle.

"Me too. You know, you're really comfortable." I miss the blush dusting his cheeks when I start eating again. Shiro says we have to leave soon so I start eating at a faster pace than nibble.

•-•-•

Now that we're walking again, I'm beside Matt. We actually talk, and it's interesting too. He tells me all about his sister, Katie.

"I feel like you guys would be best-" The ground shakes violently, cutting him off. I feel myself falling, so I clutch his arm. His dad comes to us, Shiro close behind. We all stand together, until the ground jolts again and I'm sent tumbling, despite my hold on Matt.

"Pyper!" I hear someone yell. I look up to see a giant black and purple ship that just landed. I try and get up, but I'm so dizzy, I can't. Shiro notices and help me, keeping a hold on me.

"S-Shiro, what is...that?" He looks at me worriedly.

"I'm not totally sure. But whatever comes out won't hurt you. I'll make sure of that." I blush lightly before a door opens and out steps some big purple monster things. I've heard of these people before. They're called the Galra, and they take over entire planets, not caring if they have living things on them.

Shiro slowly steps in front of me, holding my right hand in his right hand. I give it a nervous squeeze and he looks at me with his beautiful eyes.

"I won't let them hurt you." I give him a shaky smile.

"I trust you." He beams. We all huddle up, Matt beside Shiro, and Matt's dad beside me. Shiro's hand never once leaves mine.

The Galra walk up, and I take a deep breath. They stop in front of Shiro, before grabbing him roughly. Our hands are ripped apart as he tumbles to the ground. I give a small scream and they turn their attention to me. Matt steps up before they get to me.

"Don't touch her!" He yells. The lead Galra chuckles deeply.

"Look at you. Move aside, boy."

"No." While the Galra are distracted, I slowly crouch to Shiro. Gently, I lift his head.

"Are you okay?" I whisper. He nods and I help him up. The Galra leader notices when Shiro takes up a fighting position, pushing me behind him again.

"This will be fun." He states, pulling out a blaster.

•-•-•

We lost, of course. They took us to their ship and now we're prisoners. I clutch Shiro's arm, hiding myself behind his body. His eye is going to be black, and I feel bad.

"I'm sorry, Shiro." He doesn't look at me, just so the Galra don't take me away, thinking that's how they can torture him. He told me that when we got on the ship.

"Don't be. You didn't do anything." I snuggle into him more.

"You got hurt because of me." He chuckles to where only I can hear it.

"I had to. I couldn't let them get you without a fight." We stop walking before I can speak, and the Galra in charge grins maniacally. I shiver.

"Hello, humans," He has a cold voice. "Rax, take the old one and the boy to a chamber. Vaxxon, take the older male to another chamber. I'll deal with this one." And with that, the others are snatched away. Matt and his father go without too much resistance, but Shiro fights like his life depends on it.

The general grabs me roughly and drags me forwards.

"Shiro!" I cry, looking at him. He freezes at my voice and looks at me. There's about five seconds of calm, before his eyes fill with rage and he charges the purple monster that holds me. I feel his grip slip and I twist away from him, right into another one.

It laughs and I drop my head.

"Stop," I say quietly. "Shiro, please! You'll get hurt!" He stops and they let him come over to me.

"I'm so sorry," He whispers, hands placed lightly on my cheeks. I let a tear slip out. I'm so scared.

"Don't be. I'm tough. I'm a girl." I try and joke. He gives me a small smile and I see something I've never seen. Shiro looks close to tears. He hugs me to him.

"I'm going to get you out of here. I promise." I nod as I'm dragged away, into a different corridor, coming to a stop in front of a grey metal door. I'm shoved in it and turn, worried.

"Let's begin," The Galra general said, closing the door behind him. I shake, knowing he's going to torture me. "Shall we?"

~
Okay, how does once every week sound?

Comment your ideas, I wanna here what you think would be best, and what you would like.

Love y'all!!

TILL NEXT TIME!!!

Word Count: 1321