Chapter XIV: Spoken Trigger

Start from the beginning

"She's doing great." He says, smirking. "Will be doing better once I propose, I hope."

My eyes widen in surprise before I regain composure and say, "Finally!" I hug him again, "Congratulations."

"She hasn't said yes, yet." He laughs but under it, I detect his fear of her saying no and caving into her parents' wishes.

"I'm sure she will." I smile. I couldn't be happier for them.

I move to the couch in the lounge to greet the rest of the boys. All of them hugging me tightly and expressing how much they missed me. I've had a friendship with them almost as long as my relationship with Jake. A little bit longer since Jake introduced me to them two months before we started dating. I'm hugging Grey when Jake comes out of a room with Mark and his vocal coach, Randy. I greet both men before moving to my one and only. He's wearing a flannel shirt, jeans and black and white converse. It's probably my favorite outfit on him. When it comes to shoes he and the band always go for the same thing; boots, converse or vans.

"Hi." I smile, hugging his waist as I peer up at him.

"Hey, you're here." He lowers his head, kissing me.

Even though it's a soft, public friendly kiss, the boys interrupt us yelling at us to get a room. I feel Jake smile against our lips as one of his hand cups my cheek, forcing the kiss to be more aggressive and giving the rest of them a show. I try to pull away but the hand on my waist brings me closer to him. He gives me one last peck before breaking the kiss.

"I can feel the room getting hotter and it's not the heat being provided into the building." Dash comments.

I furiously blush, partially hiding my face on Jake's flannel shirt. I can feel his chest rumble with a laugh as he kisses my hair, hugging me. His arms over my shoulders, mine around his waist.

"God, you two are like a teenage couple." Grey remarks as Jake and I pull away from our hug and I move to his left side, removing his arm from over my shoulder to hold his hand. Jake flips Grey off, giving him the middle finger.

"Breaks over at two, thirty." Mark informs before leaving the lounge.

I sit on the long couch with Jake by my side. His arm goes over my shoulder, pulling me into the crook of it. I bring my hand up and join our fingers, kissing his hand before looking at him. He gives me a smile, kissing my temple. Grey and Dash take what's left of couch, sitting with us. Cole and Ace each take a love seat across from us.

"That was a very cute picture you posted of... Bunny, is it? The other day." Grey brings up, smirking at Jake.

"Asshole," I hear Jake murmur as I glower at him before saying, "Leave him alone. He looks pretty when he sleeps." I peck his jaw.

"Sky, babe. You just made things worse by saying I look pretty." Jake states as the gang of guys laughs. I roll my eyes at their teasing, desperate to see them whipped over a girl just to tease them as much as they're teasing us. It's what they've done ever since we told them we were dating.

"Anyways, I haven't seen you guys play in ages." I acknowledge, cuddling further into the warm body.

"I know. I'm excited to test the chords again and maybe, make a different rendition of this new song once we start tour." Ace expresses, beaming. He has clearly missed being on stage with his mates, doing what he loves.

"It has good incorporation of each of our instruments. It's a great song." Cole adds.

"I'm hoping I get to hear it before I leave. I've only heard a few lyric snips." I regard at Jake, making my point come across.