Chapter Three

Song recommended for chapter: I Have Questions by Camila Cabello

Please comment while reading. I love in-line comments, and I read every single one. It'd be nice to get some feedback and see your guys' reactions. Please, I update every day without break, I'd just love comments. <3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I have to get some air," I tell Noah with a shaky breath. I tear my eyes away and land them on his jade-green eyes. They look me up and down with concern, but I smile widely and pull back slightly. "I'm fine, I'm fine — I just — I just have to —" my words are frantic and I am trying so hard not to break down on the dance floor. Not only will I look like a madwoman, but he'll see and I refuse to let him. Especially after what I just witnessed.

"Are you alright? Want me to get you some water or —" he looks truly worried as he holds my shoulders. Green eyes soft and wide, he scours my face for any indication of the reason I need to step out, but he can't possibly see that I've been terribly blind-sided by the man I broke and loved all in the same trial. Literally... I really hate myself. I wish that I could take everything I did back. Every. Single. Day.

I shake my head, snap back into reality, and step back. The music is becoming too much. I can feel memories flooding and taking my breath away, leaving me reeling. "I'll — I'll be back," I mumble and turn away. He calls after me, but I quickly weave through the live crowd, barely escaping elbows to the face and tall men knocking me over. The front is much too far for me to reach, and I need fresh air — now. I end up stumbling through the crowd, finding a back entrance that leads to an alleyway.

I throw myself outside and lean against one of the dark and seemingly sweating, but realistically misty, walls. I press my hands against the bricks before turning and clutching my stomach. I attempt to grab one thought of the millions that roam my head, to cool my over-working nerves. My emotions are out of whack and the memories just keep coming and coming and smacking me from left and right, I can't keep up with them.

I did not expect to see him ever again. He basically dropped off the face of the earth without a trace or even a returned phone call. So, seeing him in there like... that. The dancing was erotic and the girls were a little excessive, it looked like a cess pool of disaster, but it wasn't even that that upsets me. It's the fact that he's popped up out of the blue and threw me off balance. I was so close to moving on, or at least close to it... not really, but I was accepting the idea of it.

But what I want to know most importantly is: why is he here? I thought he didn't want to see me ever again, in the most dramatic way possible. So, how is it that he just popped up here, the very night I am here? I thought he was supposed to be fighting? And college, did he ever even finish? I know he was doing well in his classes and was a few months from graduating, but would they have let him just leave? I have so many questions that I doubt will ever be answered, seeing as he hates me. It makes me literally sick to my stomach thinking that he hates me, but he has a great reason to — I betrayed him.

I rub my hands over my face and groan, frustrated beyond belief. My head is beginning to ache and I sway a bit on my feet. The liquor is getting to me big time, and I honestly don't feel like being here anymore. I suspect if I don't sit down or lay down soon, I will pass out from all of these questions and the liquor hitting my brain. I was having fun before I saw him, but he just wrecked it for me.

I'm just going to call Mason and he'll get Noah, and we'll leave —

"Not feeling so well, Princess?" Grey's voice booms out and hits me in a form of waves. Each syllable strikes a slash in my skin and has me clutching for dear life. Slowly, out of fear and anxiety, I raise my eyes from the wet gravel-ground, and lock them with a pair of pitch black eyes I never thought I'd see again. But there they are: all in their black and piercing glory. And they shoot through me like tiny bullets that leave a magnitude of damage.