Winning the Games

The Games Never End

Chapter 1

Winning the games

OC's (Cora's) P.O.V

I wait quietly in the treetops, scanning the area below me. There are 3 tributes left, the boy 2, girl from 6 and the boy from 12.

Three left besides me.

Three more lives to be cut short for the stake of what? Who knows any more?

I hear a crack from below drawing my attention, the boy from 12. He is a small fellow looking about 14 maybe 15. I never did pay attention during interviews and reaping's. He had brown hair, pale skin and was incredibly boney. If I wanted to, I could probably literally snap him in half. He looks terrified and jumpy; I do wonder how has he made it this far?

I slowly start to climb to the branch across from me to have a better shot when I hear someone else walking. The girl from 6 and that's when it hits me. That's why he has survived this long, he's with her. I grab my knife set and grab two small knives. I call them my pocket rockets, because they fit in my pocket and fly easily when thrown.

I aim for the girl first. It will freak the boy out then he'll be an easy target. Well easier. I aim and throw, hitting her in the chest, straight through the heart. She lifeless falls to the ground and the boy screams. I giggle to myself a little. This will be fun. I jump down from the tree and land just in behind him, causing him to tense up. His whole body is stiff, and all color has drained from his face. I turn him to face me only to be met with a look the pure sadness and terror in his eyes. A small amount of guilt passes through me but is quickly replaced by the need for blood.

Being raised by victors who were also raised by victors, my childhood wasn't the friendliest of environments. But hey I'm alive now aren't I?

"Please don't kill me. Please!" He begs while tears stream down his face. I scoff.

"I suppose I could give you a little extra time, we're the last three. What's it going to matter anyway? Here take this knife, you'll need it" I say with the nicest voice I can. Pretending to help him. I hand him a knife. He grabs it and runs.

The hunt is on.

I chase after him and throw a knife at his leg and his fragile body tumbles to the ground.

"You said you'd give me time" He says back. Crying like a baby.

"I did give you time, I didn't specify how much." I chuckle evilly.

I slit his throat; warm thick blood starts to pour from the fresh wound and the screaming stops. He falls to the ground and I stab his back my sword going straight through him, piercing his heart.

The canon goes off, two down one more to go.

I hear a branch snap and turn to face the direction it cam from. I see a figure moving to the cornucopia. I pull my sword from the boy and run and grab my knife from the girl.

I sprint to the final tribute lift to kill. The only thing that's standing between me and joining my parents in greatness. Between me and freedom.

As I get closer and closer my thirst for blood gets stronger. I come to the beach and see the boy from 5 running to the Cornucopia. Once he reaches the edge of the Cornucopia, he stops and looks around. Checking to if he is alone.

I hide so he doesn't see me. He sits down facing away from the tree line. He starts to sharpen something, a sword of some sort.

I walk around to the back of the Cornucopia, so he doesn't see me coming. I reach the Cornucopia I climb on top of it and silently creep to the front. Nearing my final victim. I peer over the edge and see him, focused on sharpening his sword. I smirk. He is so naïve. I grab a fish and a stone from my bag and throw the fish near the water and the stone into the water, so he'll think it jumped out of the water.

He did exactly what I wanted him to do and went to grab the fish without his sword. I quietly jump down not making any noise as I land, a skill that was very hard to master. I grab his sword and walk towards the boy. As he turns to walk back, I stab him straight through his chest with his own sword. Bittersweet if you ask me. His eyes find mine, the light slowly fading. Another life gone. Not long after his canon went off.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of the 67th Hunger Games."