26 Dinner Party

Start bij het begin

Rebekah holds up a bottle of wine. "It's from 1919." She exclaims excitedly. I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Bloody hell." I tap the call button and toss the phone to Bastian as the guy from the Pizza Delivery place picks up. He catches it and holds it to his ear, ordering swiftly. It was a few hours until dark, but if you had dinner early you could go out and party later. Something I picked up swiftly from an old friend.

When my older brother is finished he tosses it back to me across the room. "Forty-five minutes." He says, not bothering to raise his voice over the conversation the Mikaelson siblings and Francis was having. I could hear him just fine. I give a curt nod, and Rebekah flies over to me.

"Kol says Cain's joining us for dinner?" She rose an eyebrow at me. I pull her into a hug.

"Good to see you to." I say, pulling away. She crosses her arms. "No. I'm going to tie him up and torture him until he takes this bloody thing off my arm, and then I'm going to kill him." I pause, my face straight. "Before the pizza gets here."

"I find it amusing, your conviction." Cain's voice reaches our ears and we both turn. The corners of his mouth twitched, and he didn't even look at Rebekah. "Of course, that is all fine and dandy, but it may prove to be difficult with a torn trapezius and werewolf venom spiking your veins." As though this was a reminder, Rebekah grabbed something from her pocket, holding it up.

"I keep vials of Nik's blood." She says. I grab it, and down it like a shot, sharing a smile with the sister and then turning back to the demon.

"You were saying?"

---

"If you told me a month ago I'd be tied up in Italy by Merida Helena Blair Athol Nic'Casket Cipriano Lemaire the Princeps autem inferos, I'd of laughed in your face and slit your throat." Cain says, seemingly bored while he talks of murder. Never have I seen someone so emotionless. Though he wasn't tied up. We were sitting at the dining table. He was handcuffed to the chair. The rest of us sat around the table.

"Is that really your entire name?" Rebekah asks, looking at me with wide eyes. I nod.

"Cipriano was Simons last name, which I took when we wed, and then Lemaire was Raphael's last name when we wed." I explain. "I married my way into both Italy and France. It was England that I annexed." I add, and Rebekah nods, seemingly proud.

"I'd congratulate you, but it's several centuries too late." She says with a sarcastic smile. I mirror it, touching my chest as though her words touched my heart.

"Awe, you're so sweet." I bat my eyelashes in faux gratefulness. "Though I turned my first husband into a vampire and killed the second in cold blood." I let my hand drop, almost forgetting about Cain. "I guess I killed them both, to be specific."

"Now we know where King Henry-"

"Pardon my interrupting, but listening to you two reminiscing about the 12th century is torture enough." The demon says, and Kol chuckles.

"Actually, I rather miss the 12th Century." Sebastian speaks up, only because he knew now that it was annoying Cain. Though I figured it wasn't. He didn't seem to really care about anything. Whatever he said was an act now. "We would all sit down, every night." He looks at me and then at Francis. "With our functioning dysfunctional family." He takes a bite of his pizza.