Chapter 10 - Fighter

~~Still Rocky's Point Of View~~

"Rocky"

"Hmm"

"Rocky" Someone said more alarmingly. I must've dozed off on her stomach where I held her hand.

"Rocky, we need to go home now"

"What!" I said getting off from the bed.

"No" I carried on. I rushedout the room and spoke to mom and dad.

~

"But, Rocky" mom said trying to convince that its best if shestayed.

"MOM, IM 19, I CAN HANDLE THIS!"

"Sweetie, calm down, you're just worried" She said putting her arms around me.

"I'm so sorry mom" I cried, knowing that shouting at her was wrong. Whats happening to me?

"Okay" She said wiping my eyes "You can stay and look after her"

"Really mom."

"Yes, she clearly means something to you."

I tried to figure what she meant by that but my mind was concentrated on Tanya.

I walked back to the room she was in when I left her. As I opened the door the bed was empty. My mind was panicking but I just stood there staring hopelessly at the bed way she laid.

"Excuse me, sir"

I turned around hoping that it was Tanya but I knew it wasn't.

"...yes"

"Are you Rocky"

"Yes I am. Why???"

"You are being summoned by a patient"

"Show me the way, please" I said following her through a million halls. Finally we reached the door. She slowly opened it, my heart ached wanting this 'patient' to be Tanya. The kind nurse told me that the patient had found a donor and is under the process of gaining conscious very soon.

"Rocky" I heard a mumble. It was Tanya. Her eyes were still closed but her mouth kept repeating my name.

I ran up to her and wrapped my arms around her carefully, her head placed against my chest. I hugged her a little tighter putting my chin on her head slowly.

"Rocky" She mumbled again.

"Shhh" I said softly.

"Im here now" A tear rolled down my cheeks.

A couple hours went, I didn't let her out of my grasp, I didn't want to.

The doctor came in and looking curiously at some papers.

"May I talk to you out side, Mr Lynch"

"Of course" I replied placing Tan comfortably on the bed.

"Yes Doctor"

"Miss Rose is fighting tremendously to get back. She has started talking, If she keeps on fighting we feel that along with the blood we gave her, she should regain her conscious in under a week"

"Thats great news! Thank you so much Doc." I was extremely happy I felt like I could hug him.

It was now 11:30pm and I was very tired. I went back and sat beside Tanya. I held her hands and gave them a kiss.

"Keep fighting Tan, I know you can do this."

I reached into my pocket and found the box to the jewellery I had purchased.

As I was about to close my eyes my phone started to ring, It was Brook.
_______________________

"Hey, babe" She said.
_______________________

I could tell that she had been crying.

I didn't know how to respond, I felt like sorry because I betrayed her, but I was angry for what state she had left Tan in.
_______________________

"Baby, please talk to me"

"I'm sorry for betraying you but I can never forgive you for what you have done" I snapped back.
_______________________

I quickly ended the call. It was a battle in my head. Yes, I kissed another girl. But she left my best friend stuck in hospital, not knowing when she'll regain conscious. I finally closed my eyes praying that she'll wake up soon. Thats all that mattered to me at this moment of time.