“Damn it!” I whisper loudly, and turn my lights up as I open my door. I stare at Michael standing outside of my door.

            “What do you want dweeb?” I ask kind of frustrated.

            “Shit, you’re moody. I thought I’d stop by your room and tell you goodnight like always.”

            “Right, right.” I say remembering that we always tell each other goodnight, because we have this weird sibling thing of just in case something happened to us we knew that we loved each other even though we fought sometimes. “Goodnight, bro.” I kiss his cheek, and he immediately gives me a disgusted look. I smile, and he shakes his head.

            “Goodnight. Love ya.” He gives a peace sign and walks away.

            “Love ya too.” I reply a little louder so he’ll here me as he walks in the hall to his room. I shut the door and lock it again. I press my back against the door and I dim the lights taking a deep breath. I look into Aiden’s eyes feeling helpless, because someone or somehow ruins things.

            She walks over to me, and grabs my hand interlocking our fingers. She walks to my bed with me as we hold hands comforting me.

            “It’s alright, Kadence.” She says to me.

            “Sometimes I wish you couldn’t read my mind.” I giggle quietly, and she smiles.

            “You’re tired aren’t you?”

            “I am so worn out. That’s all I’ve been lately with my knee, and being frustrated with grades and now over something that was ruined.”

            She sits down on the edge of the bed and takes off my knee brace. I watch her without questioning what she’s doing. She lays it down on the floor, and scoots back to my pillows patting the bed next to her. I crawl onto the bed sitting down next to her.

            “Let’s rest tonight.” She says softly and holds my hand. I smile because of how good of a girlfriend she is. We move our bodies so we’re lying down together and I wrap my arm around her holding her close to me as if I was never going to let her go. I kiss the back of her shoulder which usually was my physical touch of saying ‘goodnight’.

            About a half hour later I listen to her breathing slowing down, and I realize that she fell asleep already. I couldn’t keep my eyes closed for some reason, but feeling her back press against my chest letting me know she’s breathing makes me feel good inside. I let go of her body, and roll myself off of the bed quietly so I don’t wake her up.

            ‘What could I possibly do to make me fall asleep?’ I think to myself and look around in my room.

            I decide to head for the kitchen to get a glass of water although I’m not sure how that’ll help. I grab onto the railing as I walk down the stairs without my knee brace on, and I see the kitchen light on so I walk into it to see Michael chewing on a corndog at the counter.

            “Can’t sleep?” I ask while I open the fridge.

            He stays quiet so I look over at him to find him nodding his head. I look back into the fridge and grab the water that’s in a container jug and set it out on a counter. I open a cabinet and reach up to get a glass, but my knee feels like it’s about to give out so I lean off of my tippy toes and stand there frustrated. I watch as Michael reaches up over me, and grabs my favorite type of glass. I turn around and grab it from him.