Chapter 2

[Tori's POV]

That was weird. Jade just called me crying....I didn't know she was capable of even having emotions.

I feel bad for her though, she really loved beck and I thought he really loved her back. Guess not.

I sit on the couch in my living room waiting for her to get here. I make sure to turn on The Scissoring, I know it's her favorite and she needs as much cheering up as she can get right now.

*knock knock*

I jump up and answer the door.

"Hey" I said, opening the door. She looks a mess. Mascara and eyeliner is smeared all over her face.

She walks past me and sits on the left end of the couch, bringing her knees to her chest.

I sit on the right end, if I sit next to her she always gets mad and tells me to move.

We sit in silence for a minute until she looks over at me, and I look bad.

"You don't have to sit so far away from me, you know." She tells me.

"Oh.....okay." I scoot over a little closer to her.

She sighs and scoots over, filling the gap between us completely.

Her arm touches mine and she feels really cold.

"Oh my god you're so cold do you need a blanket?" I ask.

"No....you're warm." She says the last part quietly.

Silence again.

She looks over at me again and says, "why are you being so nice to me. I'm always so mean to you."

I think for a second, "you're hurting....you're mean to me but you're still my friend. I don't want you to be sad."

She looks away. "I don't deserve you being nice to me."

"Yes you do." I say quickly.

"No....I don't." She stands up, "when have I ever been nice to you? Never. I'm mean and I'm bitter and no one likes me." She turns her head and starts to cry.

I stand up and put my hand on her shoulder "I like you, Cat likes you, Robbie likes you, Trina-" she starts hugging me.

I've never seen Jade hug anyone.

I pat her back because I don't know what else to do.

"Sorry." She says, letting go.

"Stop apologizing." I sit down, she follows.

"I don't really know why I came over." She says.

"Because you're sad and need someone."

"No...I think there's another reason..."

"What?" I ask.

She turns her head away

"What?" I ask again "is something else wrong?"

"Yes. Yes something else is wrong and I don't know how to say it."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to.." I say confused.

"I need to." She says almost whispering.

"Okay..."

"Tori......I think I like you."