"How does he do that?"
"I don't know and I don't want to know."
"Do you need any help with anything?"
"Can you go get the orders of the people at table seven please?"
"Sure."
"Caleb I need you to help bring out food."

I reached under and grabbed an apron, pen and notepad. I untied my hair and put it into a bun. I picked up the pen and pad and walked over to table seven.

"Hello, welcome to Big T's diner. What can I get for you?"

I looked up from the pad and saw four girls sitting in the booth. Four national team members. Tobin, Allie Long, Ashlyn Harris and Meghan Klingenberg.

"Hi Rach."
"Hey Tobin."
"How're you feeling now?"
"Grand. Thanks. So, what can I get for you?"
"I'll have a salad and a water."
"Same."
"Same."
"Same but can I get a cola instead of water?"
"Sure. I'll be right back."

I wrote down the orders as I walked. I ripped out the piece of paper and walked into the kitchen. I handed it to uncle T and he smiled. I walked out and grabbed four glass. I fill one with cola and ice and left the other three empty. I filled a jug with water and put some ice and lemon into too. I set them on a tray and walked over to them. I set the cola in front of Ashlyn and three empty glass in front of the other three. I set the jug in the middle of the table.

"I'm around if you need anything else. Your food shouldn't take long."
"Thanks Rach."

I walked away from them and back behind the counter. Caleb came out with two plates and set one of them in front of me.

"Eat."

We both sat and ate our dinner. When we were finished aunt M came out with the four salads. I stood up and took them off of her.

"Thank you. We owe you both one."
"Please, you fed us."

I walked over to the girls and handed them their salads and walked back to the counter. There was a family waiting to pay. I walked to the cashier to them.

"Good evening. What table were you seated at?"
"Eight."

I clicked a few buttons and then it came up.

"That'll be $18.87 please. Thanks."

I handed him his changed and they walked out. Aunt M walked over and sat on a stool on the other side of the diner. I walked over and grabbed a mug and filled it with coffee and handed it to her. She smiled gratefully and leaned over to kiss my cheek.

"Thank you. This is what I needed. So, who were the ladies at table seven? I've never seen them before and you seemed to know them."
"They're from the national team."
"Ah, what are they doing out this late?"
"I don't know."

We heard the wind charms hit off each other and looked towards the door. A man walked in with his hood up. Aunt M looked at me worryingly and nodded towards the kitchen. I walked in there and looked at uncle T and Caleb.

"What? What's wrong?"

They both walked out and I followed. Aunt M came round to our side of the counter and stood behind Caleb and uncle T with me. The man took down his hood and took off his jacket. He was in an army uniform and he turned to face us.