1/ Not my boyfriend

I'm patiently waiting for my date to come, I'm at a restaurant and my boyfriend told me that he was coming soon, I'm calling him, he's not picking up, I begin to loose patience. A waitress came up to me.
"Did you choose already ?" She nicely asked, ready to take my order, I decide to wait still.
"No I'm waiting for someone actually.."
the minutes are passing and it's been 15 minutes that I'm waiting for him.
I can feel people's pity and stare, I can see some people looking at me in a 'poor girl it's probably hard for her' kind of look, I begin to feel really bad when someone I don't even know sits up at my table in front of me.
"I know we don't know each other but let's make this thing less awkward for you, the guy who's ditching you must be a dick anyways" he nicely said, I smiled at him, looking at him up and down.
What the heck is this guy doing at my table ?
Are my first thoughts, but how kind this is.. a guy looking a little older than me coming at my table by pure kindness and doing like he's the person I'm waiting for.
"You're not the talking kind for sure!" He said with a smile and chuckled a bit, I look up from my plate and awkwardly smile.
"I'm sorry it's just the.. situation that makes me uncomfortable" I awkwardly try to sit in a better position, what does this guy wants ?
"So, what's your name, shortstack?" He asked looking right in my eyes, what did he call me ?
"I'm sorry, what ?" I stuttered, my eyes wide open by the sudden nickname.
"Oh ahaha !" He laughed, he seemed to be very comfortable and relaxed. "I'm sorry, it's just that.. well you're a bit short... NOT that it's bad, no! It's just that, Well, it's different.. but in a good way !" He said all chuckling and happy. "I'm Maya... and you ?" I try my best to relax, the people that were looking at me stopped. And their dinner went on. "Nice name.. I'm Lucas, how old are you Maya ?" "Why are you here ?" I snapped at him, a waitress came up with the menu. "Have you choose yet ?" She nicely said looking at.. Lucas.. and I, Lucas nodded and started to talk. "Yes I would like the lasagna with salad please, and for you Maya ? My treat" he nicely smiled at me, my frown turned into a smile as I glanced at the waitress. "I would have the 4 cheeses pizza, with salad as well" I nicely said looking over at the cute boy in front of me, he's cute. I gotta admit it. The waitress walked away with our order and Lucas glanced back at me. "I told you already. I'm here to make things less awkward for you" he nicely said. "Why would he be a dick like you said ?" I said, offended, why the hell is he saying my boyfriend is a dick ?! "I'm sorry I never wanted to offend you but.. if your boyfriend left such a cute girl like you all alone. Then he's not worth it" he said looking in my eyes. I can feel my cheeks burning as the words 'cute girl like you' were echoing through my mind. "It's because I said you were a cute girl that you're blushing ?" He said chuckling cutely, I giggled and nodded. "So, you still didn't answer my question" he said taking a sip of his glass of water. "I'm 16, how about you ?" I said looking at him. "I'm 18, I'm in college now.. what school are you in ?" He asked, "im in Abigail Adams High School, which is not that far from this restaurant" I said looking around, how come he is that old but still with me around this table ?
"Oh okay. And how old is your boyfriend?" He asked "he's 16" I quickly said. "How about you? You keep asking me questions" I said chuckling, he chuckled, looking around and then back at me. "Well I'm Lucas and I'm 18, I don't have a girlfriend but... well I can always find the right person" he said looking at me, then the waitress came back with our plates. "YASS boy I'm hungry !" I said, Lucas looked at me surprised and then he laughed like crazy, I just kept looking at him. "What's funny ?" I asked him smiling. "I never thought you would be like that" he said chuckling now. "Duh you don't even know what kind of girl I am !" I chuckled out. He smiled at me and we started to silently eat.
"Do you have passions in life ?" He asked me, taking his napkin. "Well not to sound cocky but.. I draw, sing, paint and play some instruments" I said taking a slice of pizza, he just smiled at me awkwardly. "Oh so if I ask you to sing right now you can ?" He smirked, "Yeah well I'm also extremely shy so no sorry" "Yeah liar" he chuckled out. "How about you ?" I ask looking at him, he looked up and smiled too. "Sports, I love sports, basketball, football and baseball actually... it's weird, you don't look like a nerd" "that's because I'm not, I just love arts" I say in a 'duh' tone, he smiled up at me.
"Do you want a desert ?" He asked looking at the desert menu, "if you want one I'll take one as well it's okay" he said looking up at me. "Just a... slice of chocolate cake then" he nodded.
We finally have our deserts. "So what's gonna happen between you and your boyfriend ?" He asked, I nearly chocked but he took my glass of water, I drank some and put it back. "I'll yell at him, wait for an explanation and then we will see" I said taking a bite of my slice of cake. "So you yell then ask for an explanation ?" He chuckled. "Well Yeah, that's how I work" I laughed, he nicely smiled and went back at his dessert. "How did you find me here ? I mean, how come you saw me and you went towards me like that" I stuttered, not knowing what to say. "I was walking and so I was bored so I looked over at the restaurant and then I saw you all alone with a sad and disappointed face so I decided to come here and spend time with you so you could forget about that date that went wrong" he nicely said, he's so nice to me, this coincidence made my day.
"Thanks Lucas for this.. restaurant.. it was really really nice of you, I don't know how to thank you enough" I said putting on my coat, he did the same. We walked out the restaurant. "Well it's okay but next time we see each other, even if it's in town and that you are not alone, you better call me date savior!" He said chuckling, I jokingly punch his shoulder as we started to walk. "Where do you live ?" He asked me as we walk down a street. "Two streets away... thanks for walking me home by the way" "Well it's normal Maya, for someone who played your date all night, It's my role to walk you home" he nicely said, he took my arm and we linked them jokingly, we begun to laugh. I look at my phone and I got 2 messages from my boyfriend and 1 missed call from him as well.
"Oh.. seems like you got some news from douchebag" he said looking over at my phone. "Would you like stop calling him a douchebag please, he's not that bad" I said warningly. "I'm sorry again but I don't think he's worth a girl like you Maya, and I hope he came up with a good excuse or else I'm gonna find him and explain him what a girl like you is" he said looking at the road. "It's here" I said letting go off his arm. He nodded and watched me walking. "Lucas.. thanks again for tonight, I had fun" "Yeah umm.. I was thinking.. maybe I could have your.. you know, phone number so... if someday again your boyfriend ditches you, I'd be here to even it up and make like tonight.." he said all shyly, how cute.. argh okay I'm giving my phone number to a guy that saved my night.
"Yeah why not... here" I said, I tell him my phone number and see what nickname he chose. 'Shortstack' obviously.
"Gee thanks Maya! Goodnight see you next time" he said turning around and walking away. "Lucas wait!" I suddenly yell. I don't even know what I want. He walks up to me again. "I don't even know why I called you" I laughed, he laughed too. "It's okay... bye Maya" he said walking out, I enter my house only to see my little brother looking at me. "What do you want ?" I snapped at him. "Who was that ?" He asked, How annoying he can be. "That's just a friend Auggie, where's Topanga ?" I ask him walking in the kitchen to see Topanga. "Hey Maya, how was your date with Farkle ?" She nicely asked. "Not what I expected but it was really great"