Chapter 10

***Emma's P.O.V.***

I sigh and roll my eyes. I clear my throat in annoyance, but Nash and Ashley don't seem to notice. I groan and follow Luke and Hayes. When we get to the stairs leading down to the basement Hayes looks at me hesitantly. His facial expression makes him look like he is annoyed but his eyes seem worried. He takes my crutches and gives them to Luke. I hesitantly get  onto Hayes's back. 

When we get to the bottom step Hayes gently sets me down giving me my crutches. He and Luke plop down on the couch and play video games. 

I can tell Hayes is still upset because he hasn't said one word to me since our little argument in the car. I make my way over to the bean bag that's farthest away from the couch. I drop my crutches and plop down making a loud thump. 

I look over at Hayes and Luke who are super into the game, I roll my eyes and pull out my phone. I realize that I forgot to look at the picture that caused my injury. I open up Instagram and go to my notifications. I see that Hayes has tagged me in a picture. I click on the picture and I smile immediately.

I see a picture of Hayes kissing my cheek. It was from my 9th birthday party. Hayes had cake all over his face and clothes. My dad had just brought out the cake. After I blew out the candles, Luke and Nash thought it would be fun to throw chunks of cake at each other. Minutes later, I joined in. I had Hayes pinned to the ground and I was throwing cake all over him. Our moms thought it would be cute to take a picture. After much protesting, we finally gave in. 

I smile at the memory. I then read the caption.

See the girl in the picture? That's my best friend, Emma. She's been going through a lot lately and I wanted her to know something. Emma, I don't know how hard this is for you, but I want you to know I'm here for you. Always. No matter what, just call me and I'll be there in a heartbeat.

                                                                                                                                       Love, Hayes

I get up and run to the couch, forgetting about my crutches. I throw myself onto Hayes and wrap my arms around him and pull him into a tight hug. After a few seconds, he hugs back. I pull away and stare into his eyes. His beautiful, blue eyes. I watch them as they stray from my eyes and to my lips and flutter back to my eyes. Slowly, he leans in. It seems like forever until our lips will finally meet, so, being the impatient person I am, I close the gap between us.

I feel him smile throughout the kiss. Our lips are in sync, moving as one. It's as if they were made for the sole purpose of being together. The kiss is long and sweet and passionate. I hear Luke yell, "Get a room!" And of course, like all good things, the kiss ends. 

"So are we good now?" I ask. Hayes chuckles and nods kissing my nose.

I take my phone out, still sitting on his lap, and start playing a game. Hayes then takes my phone out of my hands and exits out of Flappy Bird just as I am about to hit my highscore. I turn around and hit the back of his head. 

"Ow! What was that for?" Hayes asks. I just glare at him. I turn back around and lean my back against his chest. He continues what he's doing. He opens Instagram and presses the camera button. He kisses my cheek and I squint my eyes and make a little duck face. He takes the picture. It turns out adorable. I take my phone back and choose the black and white filter. 

I post the picture with the caption:

Theres nothing better than chillin with the bae after a long day <3

***An hour later***

I no longer sitting on Hayes's lap, but I am lying down w/ my feet across Luke and my head on Hayes's lap. I am still playing on my phone while Hayes and Luke are playing xbox intensely.

Nash finally comes down with Ashley no where in sight. He brings the bean bag closer to the couch and plops down. He pulls out his phone. I watch him as his facial expression stays indifferent the whole time. Then, I see a flash of anger, hurt, and jealousy flash through his eyes.

***5 hours later***

We ended up having a movie marathon. I hear snores and know that I am the only one awake. I sigh and pull out my phone again. Then, my phone buzzes. Who texts me at 4 am? What even?

I open up the text and see its from Nash.

Nash: We need to talk.

A/N

Ooh cliff hanger! Im so evil.

Lol Selena with an update?! Woah! 

Sorry it's been so long! My computer is so jacked up.

And I'm sorry its so short! I'll post a long one soon!

And I am extremely sorry that once again I failed to update yesterday! Im such a horrible person.

But hey! I have 1000 reads on this book! Yayyyy

I love you guys so much! Thanks for putting up with my horrible update schedule!

~selena