Scroll 17: Shadows Within

Start from the beginning

"This world, the pain, hatred, loneliness, abandonment, death, we want to put a stop to that. Come join us. With what you have now, you will never be able to bring happiness to the people in the world! This world Solomon created was nothing but farce! Come, Thais." He encouraged. I gritted my teeth in anger before releasing a huge gust of wind to bring him down. He screamed in pain and I continued to attack him.

"I don't plan on just giving up. It is true that this world is full of bullshit but there are people around us who are trying their best to mend this corrupt world. We are not perfect but the only thing we are perfect of is that we make mistake to learn! Those mistakes keep us to move forward. Destiny? Fallen? Good? Bad? I don't want to hear that from someone who lost his way! I will create my own destiny!" I shouted. He started to laugh at my remark.

"Do you really think that you can create your own destiny when what you do is actually determined by Solomon's will?! His audacity caused pain to everyone!"

"That might be but he only meant good for us. To him, that was his way of telling us that in order to accomplish something, there is something good we can do. We should not resort to the darkness. Haven't you seen that while you were still back at that world or were you busy being so self-centered!?" I mocked him. He paused and the dead look on his eyes scared me a little bit. We looked at each other before he attacked. His slashes slowly turned harsher than the first and I could hardly keep up. I felt blood trickle down my body and I was sure that there was blood seeping out my mouth.

"AAAAAAHHHH!!"

"Are you ready to join us?" I glared at him and kicked his face. He dodged it before digging his staff at my back. I screamed once more and my breathing slowed down. I was slowly losing conscious. Just then, black rukh erupted from up above and Ithnan watched it in confusion. He unconsciously nodded.

"I guess I have to go but bear this in mind, Thais. We will come for you soon, whether you like or not. You will succumb to our Father and we hope that you'll see the light soon. By then, enjoy your remaining time." He tipped my chin before licking my neck. I cringed in disgust before raising my sword at him. He dodged it and laughed before disappearing. My body heaved and black dots clouded my vision. I did not notice that my djinn equip disappeared and I fell down the boat harshly. I could not force my eyes open anymore as I succumb to the darkness but not without hearing voices.

'I guess Ithnan stopped manipulating the sound.'

'Thais!? Thais!? Hey, kiddo! You have to stay awake. I will try to heal your body.' Ose said. I could feel Ronove's metal vessel heat up and I was sure that he was healing me as well. Leonhart was in front of me but my body went limp already.

"Thais!"

Five days later

'Ugo?'

"Thais. What are you doing here?" He asked surprised to see me here. I was also surprised. I told him everything and he was concerned about the issue. I asked him about that organization and he quickly shouted at me not to ever involve myself with them.

'That is the problem, Ugo. I can't. Ithnan or whatever his name was, threatened me that he will be back and that they will use my rukh against this world. I don't know what to do anymore, Ugo.' I slumped down. He let out a soft sigh before patting my head. I leaned on him until I heard his voice again.

"You don't have to worry. They will not get you because I will be there."

'But what if you are not? I can't expect Sinbad or Leonhart to save me. They will not stand a chance. I also worry about my country. Parthevia was not forgiving for sure and Barbarossa will not let up. I have a lot of worries in my hand and I'm slowly going crazy.' He pet my head and surprisingly, it felt assuring.