Scroll 16: Parthevia

Start from the beginning

"Are those slave traders?"

"Not just ordinary slave traders. Look at their arms. They are wielding some weird tools. You can see the black rukh right?" He asked. I gasped when I saw that he was right. The black rukh was concentrated on the metal vessel but how the hell were they able to get that controlled? They were coming near us.

"Hey~ Would you look at that? More people to sell! Get them!" Their chief suddenly ordered. We had no choice but to battle them. Two of his men tried to grab us but we quickly jumped up and kicked their heads. They fell down with bleeding noses. The other two held poisonous swords and we braced ourselves.

"Tch. Ose!"

"Foras!"

Our swords changed and they were now covered in shadow and fiery wind. Slashing the slave traders, we quickly made our way to the leader. Just when we thought it was going to be easy, we felt pain behind us. Blood gushed out our backs and we felt their swords get deeper.

"Arghhh!" We fell down. Leonhart tried to raise his sword and block the upcoming attack. The leader grinned maniacally at our condition. He grabbed his own weapon which was a spear before chomping it down my hand.

"AHHHH!!"

"That's it! What a lovely scream! Scream for me more!" I growled at the man before stopping his next attack. I quickly grabbed my sword and held it shakily before slashing his hands. He screamed and dropped down the floor. I huffed. The slaves around us cried in fear. Leonhart quickly brought the remaining men to the ground. Just then, a man behind him was about to struck his head.

"Leon! Look out!" He spun around and slashed his body. He fell down in pain and I sighed in relief. Just then, I felt the air shift around us. We looked behind to see the black rukh surround the leader. He showed us a crazed grin before attacking some of the slaves. One kid caught my attention and before the man could even touch him, I transformed to Ose and clashed swords with him. He was losing his sanity so I asked Leonhart to help me out.

"Alttaw'am dw': Hyrayth!" Our attacks pierced him and he integrated into nothingness. I turned to the slaves only to see them scared witless. Approaching them, I asked if they were alright. They hesitated for a bit until an old woman came to us and answered.

"Thank you for saving us, strangers. We thought that they will finally end us. You have our deepest gratitude."

"May I ask where you are hailed and how were these slave traders enslaved you? I am also curious about the darkness he possessed." Leonhart asked. The old woman pursed her lips tightly before answering.

"It was just a peaceful day in our village when suddenly, this group of man came and attacked us. Our chief was killed on the spot and many of us were unfortunately killed. There were those who resisted but in the end, they were killed brutally but that weapon in his hands. Many of us lost our family and the will to live." She grimly replied. Thais scrutinized the slaves and quickly decided. She told them if they were willing to work and live once more.

"What do you mean, young one?" Leonhart sighed and gave them a small smile. He told them that their country was willing to accept those who are asking for help. Most of the slaves help hope in their eyes. They looked at each other before thanking the two. The old woman asked who the two were.

"I am Princess Thais Demeus of Yrif Kingdom."

"I am King Leonhart of Yrif Kingdom and we welcome you with open arms." All of them cried out in joy. The two royals simply guided them back to their country where they will be cared for. They will work for the country, earn money, live and of course, contribute to the growth of the country.